My husband I just returned from 5 days of peace & quiet at Matachica. It was beautiful and we really enjoyed our trip. My husband was traveling on business and I was able to accompany him. We enjoyed the serene setting and privacy of having our own casita, and it was a neat experience. We enjoyed the pool immensely and thought that the added touch of ice water to drink was nice, as it was pretty warm outside during our stay. This kept you from having to walk back and forth from the pool to the restaurant/bar. They did have the waitstaff come around every few to see if we needed anything. It was nice!
The food at Matachica whether breakfast, lunch, or dinner was overall very good! I enjoyed the Belgium waffles at breakfast and the chicken fajitas or salad for lunch. You definitely can't go wrong with the pineapple smoothies in the morning, either. My only "complaint" was some of the portions were rather skimpy as described by my hubby. It was fine for me.
Also, just down the beach a short walk is a great restaurant/beach lounge, RoJo. It was our FAVORITE and we appreciated that it was so close if we wanted to change things up at lunch or dinner.
The beach area at Matachica was beautiful and they have attendants actually raking the sand and cleaning the beach. The beach in other areas, besides the Matachica area, was littered with some trash and sea grass, but this is of course is not the resorts fault. They work very hard at keeping their section of the beach spotless, and it didn't go unnoticed! I actually was amazed at how hard they work to keep everything so beautiful!!
I can't say enough about how quiet the resort is, and you can totally disconnect here if you want, but they do have wifi. It was spotty but sufficient.
As far as activities, we went to Hol-Chan to enjoy snorkeling, and also out to Mexico Rocks.. it was so fun and I highly recommend it. Our guide Chris was very knowledgeable and super concerned with our safety. He actually snorkeled with us so we were never in the water alone. Safety vests were also provided if you wanted to use them. Water & rum punch were also included.
Our Casita at Matachica was cleaned daily and we were always provided with cold drinking water. The amenities in the bathroom were a nice touch, La'Occitane.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our time here and hope to come back one day. Belize is beautiful, and Matachica is as well! Stay here, I promise you will enjoy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Resort & Spa Belize/San Pedro