“Second Time, Even Better” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast

Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 20 San Pedro B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Second Time, Even Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at Changes in Latitude last February and when we started hatching plans to come back to Belize, we knew we wanted to go the lovely B&B. I'm so glad we did! We stayed in the absolutely gorgeous Toucan's Nest with it's own porch, hammock, bar, kitchen, living room...really, it's just fantastic. The owners, Renita & Cindy, are excellent hosts with a wide knowledge of San Pedro and, importantly, how to make their guests happy. All the staff there is wonderful, it's a block from the beach, a short walk from tons of restaurants and the grounds are well-maintained.
Next trip, we'll be headed right back there!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

we stayed at CIL in February 2012 for 5 days. Everything was great. The food was superb and freshly cooked and their attention to detail was greatly appreciated. this was our first time to Belize and we had a super time. They made all the arrangments for the snorkel trip and for our flights to and from the island. We really enjoyed their hospitality and friendliness. The rooms are quite small and not unlike a dormitory -- but really -- why would you want to stay all day in your room anyway?! The weather was just perfect for lounging in one of the hammocks or having a drink in one of the chaise lounge. We had one tiny little issue with the room and it was taken care of immediately.

They have bikes available for use which we rode all over the island. We did not need to rent a golf cart. The B&B is steps from the beach. There is a convenient grocery store right across the street if you want to buy your own drinks and place in the common fridge. They do supply beers and water at a very reasonable cost.

Activities are posted on the board for the next day -- music, events, trips. just tell them what you want to do the day before and they will make the arrangements. They no longer have the use of the pool at the yacht club, but now you have access to the pool at the Fitness Center. -- which is a beautiful pool, by the way!! it is just a short bike ride away.

If you are looking for a spa getaway with all the ammenities - this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a great place to stay, eat some amazing food, get to know the locals and have a great time, I recommend CIL!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is our third stay with Latitudes that in itself should speak volumes. What separates this place from other B&B's is Cindy and Renita their passion for the island. These girls are so connected to all facets of island life. Like who on the island gives the best dives or snorkel trips, the current music scene,or a great massage. Henry loves that all arrangements made though the week come on the final bill and he is not constantly in his wallet (a major factor in relaxing).

The garden court yard is a perfect place to meet other guest, interesting locals, or read. All details of the B&B are done with your comfort and island flair. Ester's breakfasts are wonderful, fresh fruit, and traditional dishes. Josimar is always available to answer questions, book tours, or just help out. Bikes are available to quest free it is the best way to see the island, check out the Palpa Bar great view, and food. Your stay is made relaxing, simple, and always entertaining, what more do you what from a vacation!!!!!

1 Thank Henry S
Ventura, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I had such a wonderful experience at Latitudes! In a place like Belize, it helps so much to have the guidance of experienced hosts that know where to go, what to do and who to do it with. The bed & breakfast is so sweet, I loved the decor, stayed in the little boat room, I I found the location to be just far enough from what can be a raucous downtown area but close enough to walk or ride anywhere I needed to go. Morning breakfast gives a great chance to chat with other travelers, check the always updated board of what's going on, and dine on what yummy breakfast surprise awaits every morning! As a professional musician, I travel alot, and have to say these ladies have a really sweet little home base for anyone that wants to experience the island life on Ambergris Caye. Thanks Cindy & Renita! Hope to see you again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We had the best time with Renita and Cindy. They were the most exceptionall hosts. If you had any questions on what to do, or where to go, they or their staff, Josimar, Esther, and Naphtali, had the answers. The B&B was the best choice of lodging. We had fun at Fido's listening to Kelly Mcquire, but especially at the Jerry Jeff Walker concerts. The other guests that stayed at the B&B while we were there were som of the nicest people as well. So if you are looking for an exceptional place to stay, we highly recommend it!!!!

honolulu, hi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

When I read other reviews, I was hoping this was going to be what others said it was. I can now say 110% sure, I'm so glad I stayed here! It was for my 34th birthday and it turned out to be an awesome experience...Cindy even baked me a delicious birthday cake! :) Everyone there was amazing and I am so grateful for everything they did for us. Let them give you referrals of what to do...their advice always proved true. We let them arrange/pay for all our outings so it was on one card/one transaction (and therefore only one intl' service fee) at the end of our stay (which is just another great thing they do). The B&B has a relaxing sandy courtyard that is a great place to hang out, meet people, read a book, chill in a hammock, & whatever else you can imagine. Oh, and the breakfast...how could I have not mentioned the breakfast already...it was something new and delicious everyday I stayed. Not only that, but it was a lot of food! This wasn't a bagel and coffee type of place...it was lots of fresh fruits, the best yogurt&granola ever (I never even eat yogurt!), and then after that, you get another plate full of food with fresh juice, coffee, and/or tea. Ester is the sweetest lady and makes such yummy food. I took a lot of pictures of my breakfast...haha. Also, my bed was like a black hole of happiness, I'm such a bed snob but I found this bed sooo comfortable. As soon as I laid down after my day of fun, I ended up falling asleep before I even had a chance to turn the light off (seriously!). I loved the charm & vibe of this place, the awesome,helpful people who work here (Cindy, Renita, Josimar, & Ester), and loved experiencing everything they did & set up for us. If you're looking for a really great experience, at an amazing price, book a room here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

First off, let me say I had a feeling about this place and I'm glad I came. Renita and Cindy showed me and my boyfriend a great time. I think the make for me wasn't the rooms. They are cozy, clean and very functional. The make was the proximity to downtown and the people I met while at this B&B. The innkeepers are from the mid-west and you can sure as hell tell by the way they offer that great hospitality. I can't say enough good things about these people. Stay here!

• Stayed January 2012