Changes in Latitudes is a jewel on the island of Ambergris Caye. Located just a short walk from the louder downtown area, I was happy to be away from some of the giolf cart and taxi traffic of the town center but close enough to walk into town in just 10 minutes along the beach.
I was made very comfortable and the owners go out of their way to ensure that any needs are met. I think the most valuable part of my stay there is the true experience of the staff. Knowing the best tours, guides, restaurants and activities is a big help and the one on one attention made me feel as if I had my very own concierge. On an island so oriented towards tourists, the staff at Changes in Latitudes really helped me to get the feel of the island, the culture and it's charm, outside of the more cookie cutter, tourist trap resort. They take the time to post events and excursions that are happening each day on the board in the kitchen along with a library of books and folders with information on just about anything you might want to do. Their good reputation was obvious as I visited the many spots that they had recommended I visit. I also enjoyed meeting other guests for breakfast in the morning prepared by one of the owners who surely has skills in the kitchen. I met several other groups, couples and solo travelers and shared experiences and reviews each morning. My hosts made it easy to connect with others by making introductions and generally using great people skills.
Accomodations were so special, each room having it's own feel and decorated with flavors of the island. The relaxing patio area offers hammocks to lounge in, and I read several books during my two week stay, as well as an island themed bean bag game "blue hole", a source of lots of fun and laughter. Very clean and comfortable, I was right at home at Changes in Latitudes and would love to go back. I couldn't imagine what more I could want in a home away from home.
There is a reason they have books filled with messages and cards from former guests, and it is obvious that Changes in Latitudes has made wonderful memories for many travelers all over the world that come to visit this island of Belize..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Changes In Latitudes once only a small B&B has expanded!! Extending the same award winning service & reputation of the B&B to all our rooms. An excellent cooked breakfast is provided each am. Never having the same breakfast twice; one day local foods, the next sweet. Late afternoon guests gather under the flower-covered pagoda to sip drinks and swap snorkeling, diving and fishing tales. The place is hugely popular, so it's well worth your while to book as far in advance as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Changes In Latitudes b&b
- Changes In Latitudes Hotel San Pedro
- Changes In Latitudes Bed And Breakfast Belize/San Pedro