“After staying at a higher end resort we extended our stay by staying at Ruby's”
Review of Ruby's Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ruby's Hotel
Ranked #47 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We wanted to stay at several different places while on the island. We stay at Ruby's 2 nights.
It's a clean bed and a shower. Close to the City Center and at a very reasonable price. The price is very attractive and you are close to everything. You might hear music late into the night and city activities early in the morning. For this part of our trip we didn't want anything more than a bed. 1 block from the airport. Right on the beach.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2travelersin2012
There are newer reviews for Ruby's Hotel

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Its the cheapest spot on the "beach" in San Pedro. There really is no reason to be in San Pedro for more than a night or two anyway. So it did the trick. The room with private bath was ok, mattress was one of the worst I've ever had, springs shot up like spikes, but whatever it's cheap. The music was no big deal at all so don't fret that. You should be in Caye Caulker anyway.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in room number ten. The view was spectacular. The room was comfortable but most of all clean. Really have no complaints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Number ten has a magnificent view of the ocean and is located on the third floor where it is nice an...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jodi e
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I paid in cash for one night and saw they had also charged my credit card for the same night when i returned home, I emailed for a refund. Their response was: "I have just checked my files and i am sorry for the mistake on my part. Unfortunately i can't refund you the money on the credit card, reason being the machine has been closed and the money has been deposited."

So, i asked for them to mail me a check. It has been several months later and no response when I try to contact them. I have resorted to asking my credit card to dispute the charge with them. Don't ever give them your credit card number! Pay in cash and ask for a receipt!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Limonata200
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I've stayed at Ruby's twice now at would have no hesitation about doing so again.
The rooms are basic and cheap, but have hot showers, comfy beds, fans in the rooms (although I believe some do have air con) and are right on the beach.
The rooms I've stayed in have always been spotlessly clean, and while I once had to wait til afternoon to check in they were happy to look after my luggage.
Some of the ground floor rooms can be noisy as there is a late night (and early morning) bakery adjacent, but it's great for breakfast snacks and decent coffee.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor rooms - can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank seastarscot
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This hotel was what you would expect for the price .. you hear any and all noise from the 2 inch gap under the door lol.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BryanFury
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We had to check in during an emergency and after some initial hesitation, they let us check in quite early in the morning (about 6:15 am), for no extra fee (they initially wanted to charge us a whole extra day!) the room was clean and basic and comfortable enough. Ours faced the street, but there were decks on each level and loungers on the beach. I don't really recommend this island in general - the beaches aren't too great, the streets are dusty, and literally everything is crazy-overpriced (example: $4.50 USD for a cheap pre-packaged ice cream bar in a deli. What?!) Caye Caulker, although it has its own annoyances to be sure, is a better base if you want to be in the area for snorkeling or diving. You can't swim anywhere here but if you want to sit in the sun near palms and don't mind it being very very crowded and guys constantly offering to sell you weed, go for it. If I had to stay on this island again I would happily stay at Ruby's again (although the shower curtain and rod did fall down on me.) We paid $40 USD for a room with two twin beds facing the street. Seems crazy for Central America but probably a good deal for this overpriced and overrated island.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple