I feel obligated to write a glowing review of Xanadu, since the previous reviews were what swayed me to pick this resort for our first trip to Belize. I think one of the best measures to gauge how fantastic a place is, is how quickly you begin to think of your return trip. Well, I was considering our return trip before we even left. This was hands down, a phenomenal experience. Not only was San Pedro & Belize incredible (so much better than being gated into your resort in other Caribbean islands) to experience, Xanadu itself went above and beyond my expectations. The staff, like everyone else says, is so beyond helpful and patient w/us sometimes dumb and slow Americans! Booking flights, excursions, providing restaurant suggestions, and advice, they are hands down, the best! The redefine the meaning of exemplary service. Now to the room. We stayed in the #6 loft (2 people) which was fully equipped w/a kitchen, living room, TWO BATHROOMS!!!, and giant bed. It also had a fully functional tv which normally wouldn't matter, but we happened to be down during the first week of March Madness and being able to check in on the games briefly rather than walking to a bar, was surprisingly very convenient. The front deck was the best part. A hammock & table and chairs provided wonderfully relaxing experiences for hanging out in the shade and eating meals. I love that you can cook meals whenever you'd like rather than depending on eating heavy meals out. Although I went as a couple, this resort was family friendly as well. It was so peaceful and quiet which we loved, yet so close to more action if/when you needed it. It is located very close to two supermarkets which is great for stocking the kitchen for the week and is also not far from a produce stand which we stopped at on all our bike rides home! From the resort you can walk just about anywhere on the island on the beach - what's better than that? I will DEFINITELY return to Xanadu & can't wait to do so!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro