Stayed here for 4 nights in September. We were looking forward to it based on other reviews on this site as well as the Samantha Brown segment on the travel channel. We were not dissapointed !! The resort was beautiful, small, clean with the most helpful and friendly staff we have ever encountered. We had a loft suite which included a downstairs with kitchen, livingroom/bedroom and bath as well as a circular stairway leading to the upstairs kingsize bed and another bathroom. In addition we had a lovely balcony complete with hammock facing the ocean !! What more could you ask for?? Well, the beds were comfortable with great linens, kitchen was fully stocked and the pool was clean and surrounded with plenty of comfortable lounges. Honestly, the only thing missing was an on site bar but we quickly resolved that by purchasing our own supplies to make pina coladas !!
We did take the water taxi to San Pedro which took 1 1/4 hours from Belize City as we wanted to experience it - it was fast and fine. To get back we took the Tropic Air flight which only took 15 minutes and left us right in the airport for our flight home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro