“Lovely Owners”

La Dolce Vita Vegetariano&Focacceria
Ranked #59 of 113 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: Small and cozy place, where you can enjoy special preparations of plant origin, often associated with bakery products such as pizza, cakes, fresh bread, lasagna. Do not miss sweet cakes and salte, dumplings stuffed with humus, caprese sandwich and coffee Italian espresso. fresh juices every day with cucumber, carrots and celery.
Reviewed July 6, 2017

We had a simple meal here with rather small portion sizes for the price. In fairness though everything is expensive on the island. The restaurant is very small and quite cute. The sweet Italian couple that own and operate the restaurant really enhance the experience and thus the rating for this place.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed March 22, 2017

I was staying on the island for the month of January and came across this GEM a few nights before I left. I sure wish I had discovered it earlier! Food was amazing and the owners were so sweet; I felt like I was eating at a friend's house. i had an incredible lasagna. I absolutely love tiramisu and theirs was fantastic! The place only holds about 8 people and I think this adds to the charm. I would highly recommend eating here!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

Wow wow wow! We were just in Italy two years prior to this trip and were blown away when we went to this highly rated little shop in the middle of Caulker. We were going to grab some pastries for the morning when we decided to grab the filled Focaccia and couldn't get enough! We live in Chicago so Eataly is a big thing here but this spot put Mario Batali to shame! Their food, breads, & tiramisu are all incredible and will be remembered!!!! It's quick & yummy. Do it. When we left on the feb 28th they were closing down shop for two weeks to expand and add outdoor dining space!!!!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 23, 2017

My family was staying at Amanda's Place and this little restaurant is almost directly across the street. It has seating for only about 6 people and there were 9 of us so we took it to go. We all had vegetarian lasagna (no meat dishes at this place), focaccia bread and fresh caprese salad. All were very good. Older Italian couple run this place on their own and they were fun and interactive while they prepared our food.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed February 21, 2017

was waiting patiently for them to open! had excellent lunch, bruschetta was excellent as was my salad and my mug of wine! went back for dinner, excellent home made pesto lasagna. And what delightful hosts, love them. thank you Marina and Gimmy ,liked meeting you both and great dining !

Date of visit: February 2017