See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

The hostel is maybe cheap and it comes with breakfast, BUT: The dorms are way too big so there’s some noise all the time (which is not too bad) but also the toilet in the dorms don’t have a ceiling, which means you hear everything going on there plus the lights of the toilet shine into the dorm, so you feel like it’s daytime at 2:00am. the owners are cool yeah but TBH:

There are way better hostels than this on the island !!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Xrteamwanderer, Owner at Drifted Coconut Hostel and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2018

I’m very sorry about the bathrooms. I inherited the rooms like that and have already made changed to these rooms.

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

I said to Geoff I'd be more than happy to review this place, formerly the nastiest of Mcnastys so if you are looking for it that's the place on the maps! It still had not changed on some maps!
A nice spot in caye caulker just off the main road so does not attract too much noise from the main drag!

Now the place is in transition so may not be complete but nonetheless as a builder back home in England, the lad is putting the effort in to make this place an all rounder! There are going to be some nice holiday let's in the newly constructed building!
The existing building have been sympathetically painted and looks fresh, still a way to go but don't let this put you off I have faith in the man!
There will be dorms and very spacious and I mean very spacious family rooms.
I think the sand had just arrived when we was there in early December so it's no doubt now taking on a different look!
Geoff was very helpful in directing us to caveman tours and sent us to all the cool places on the island! We had a cool English vibe going on in the hostel, with a few Americans and Australians thrown in!
This place should be considered if you are a solo traveller as there are dorms. Couples should also consider it as we did and was more than happy with our super huge room! Families should also consider it as Geoff has his young family there and it secure and enclosed by a fence so no kids will get eaten by the crocodiles at the back haha!
Geoff I wish you well with your project all the best!

Reviewed December 20, 2017

We stayed one night at the Drifted Coconut in a private double room. Check in was horrible, you could only pay with cash and we had to book the room for 2 days instead of 1 due to a booking.com error. The guys at the Drifted Coconut couldn't and didn't want to fix this.

The room was stripped to the bare minimum with bad quality beds and a disgusting bathroom. The hostel is some sort of partyhostel, so there was noice untill 4 o' clock, the thin walls don't block any sound. Breakfast was supposed to be serverd at 7:30, which should be convenient because we planned a boattrip at 8:30. When we arrived at 7:30 breakfast wasn't close to get started and we had to get food elsewhere.

Overall it wasn't a pleasant experience staying in the Drifted Coconut. It's more a party hostel than a hotel/ hostel. If you dont't plan to party, don't stay at this place.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thijs B
Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

Was happy to find this place after viewing several other budget options on Caye Caulker. Even though this place is under construction, it was far better than anywhere else we looked in this price range. We had a spacious room with a fan and a private bathroom with hot water. Reasonably clean. They included breakfast in the morning and free rum punch in the evenings for 35$ USD. Good budget option! I suspect it will get even better as they continue with renovations.

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Wow, I am so glad to find this place. Private room for 2 for $35 USD (after taxes) with breakfast and free rum punch from 7:30 to 9:00pm. I just had a BBQ here where I got 2 decent sized lobster tails, veggies and rice for $8 USD (not all the time). It is under new management (starting last month) and there is construction (Dec 2017), but as far as I can tell this place is one of the best values on Caye Caulker (we checked out a few budget options that were sub-par before finding this gem). If your looking for basic accomodations with some perks this is your spot.

1  Thank Code07