“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 10, 2017

La Cubana is a hidden gem! I had an awesome lobster dinner for less than $15 US. That's a steal! My husband also loved what he ordered. Plus, there were two for one drinks. I wish we would have discovered this place earlier in the week. We ate there on our last night on the island. We would have gone back again and again if we could have!

Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

The ambiance is nice but the wait staff seemed distracted or just not interested. After sitting down and asking for a few minutes to review the menu, he didn't come back. We placed our order at the bar (where he was hanging out) and then he came back to the table a few minutes later with a pencil and pad because he forgot what we ordered (keep in mind it was just a single omelette). Then it took over 15 minutes after ordering breakfast for the waiter to come over again and disclose they were out of the omelette we ordered. We were running on a tight schedule so we just left. But it was a good 20-25 minutes of basically sitting around waiting for the server to get his act together. He did disclose he was hungover so I guess that's why he was slow.

Reviewed July 1, 2017

One day before Lobster Fest! Lobsters were cooked perfectly and we came back for breakfast the next morning. Cool swings with a great island breeze...

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

Really nice restaurant. Ordered from the specials menu, the main special for the day was the roasted pork, that included three sides of my choice and three rum based drinks for 27BZD. Food was delicious, drinks were great! Would recommend for a cheap but good meal!

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

One of the best meals I've had in ages. Super tasty and pretty cheap! Garlic bread is to die for. We also visited twice for an iced coffee, so much cheaper than anywhere else on the island, it is a bit more like a milkshake, but that is what I was after.