“Absolutely love Kokomo Beach and its 'private beach'!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kokomo Beach Suites

Kokomo Beach Suites
Ranked #15 of 33 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Edmonton
“Absolutely love Kokomo Beach and its 'private beach'!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I just came back from an amazing 20 backpacking trip in Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. A definite highlight of my trip was the two days I spent at Kokomo Beach. It was amazing in so many ways. Practically, it was centrally located, very easy to get to water taxi as well as any of the wonderful bars and restaurants. At the same time there was an exclusive, private feel about the place. The private beachfront we had was also fantastic, as so much of my holiday was spent in shared spaces. Quirkily it was adorable, with its little min pin mascot and bright colors. The lady that manages the places was cheerful, mellow and patient. Comfortably there was air-conditioning, wifi, a private kitchen, high thread count sheets, comfortable beds, and extremely clean. Everything you could want in comfort without losing the island feel. I cannot wait to go back!! Everyday was better than the one before because everyday was more relaxing than the one before. The only suggestion I have, if you are travelling as I did, do this little island and this wonderful hotel at the END of your trip, not the beginning. The relaxation here is the perfect end to a busy holiday.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank EdmontonDonna

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

This might be the most brightly coloured small hotel you will ever find. We spent four nights and loved it. The hotel is feet from the water taxi so highly accessible, well located on this small island. The rooms were large, spacious, clean and had kitchen facilities which we never used because the food on the island is so good. We would snorkle or explore for the day, come back to our bright little hotel, get cleaned up, have a drink on a beach chair at the water and then go for a great dinner. The hotel was also quiet, and the staff person was very friendly with her little dog always dressed in a different outfit. the hammocks on the roff were covered, so spent some time sitting in the shade reading a book and relaxing. The water view was amazing. The only negative on the island is that there is not the big sand beaches, but we did not miss them.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MarkRovers
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed here for a week and every day my trip got even better! I never wanted to leave!!! I love this little island - it's unlike anything I've ever seen! I ventured all over and looked at all the other places to stay and am so glad I stayed at Kokomo!!! The view is absolutely incredible! The suites were really spacious, clean and cute! It is the perfect spot on the island and the water and breeze is beautiful and the view... the view!!!! To die for! You have to stay here when you go to Caye Caulker!

Room Tip: All of the suites have a great view! :)
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sunshine_n_L0llip0ps
Bodden Town, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Our stay at Kokomo Beach was great...the service was great and the view in the morning is beautiful. My wife and I spent our 23rd honeymoon at the resort and we will definatley be returning!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stephan s
Hewitt, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

This is the best place on the island....the manager is just as cheery as the colors of the hotel. I stayed 2 weeks here and hated to leave. Every morning I would go out on my balcony and lay in the hammock and have my coffee and check my mail. Yes they have wifi. I've stayed at several places on this island and this is the best. Located perfectly between the 2 water taxi's the beach outside with a wonderful ocean breeze. I love, love, loved it. Best location on the beach. I felt safe here at night by myself.

Room Tip: I stayed in suite 3 and loved the view and location.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Carla C
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

Stayed at Kokomo last week for 4 nights, I had so much fun. The place was imaculately clean, it had good beds, a fridge freezer to keep our Belikin's cold, a shower better than my one at home and the worlds pinkest bed room!!! Best of all the girls who ran it were brilliant and really made the trip! All in All Paradise!

Cheers Kokomo

x

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lexcawley
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed there 5 nights and loved it. My family and I never wanted to leave. We loved it so much we ended up getting 2 rooms. The service was amazing.The Manager was at our service even after hours just to make our stay unforgettable. The price was affordable. The rooms were big and colorful. Hammocks are made available to guests.The beds were really comfortable with oodles of fluffy pillows. Both the rooms we stayed in were soundproof, had airconditioning, a soft leather futon in the living room the size of a double bed, a flat screen t.v with over 100 channels, a nice dining room table, a full size refridgerator, and hot and cold "rain shower" etc . There are steps that lead up to a varandah on the roof that gives you a breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea including the Great Barrier Reef. The place is located between both water taxis, within close proximity of restaurants, bars, golf cart or bicycle rentals, etc. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family