“Fresh Catch”

Maggie's Sunset Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 99 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Grill
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We came to Maggies on our last night of the island. I wish we hadn't waited so long. I'd had ceviche about 7 times in 7 days, Maggies was the best. I poured the left over juice over my rice because I didn't want to waste a drop. Lobsters and whole fish are cooked on two large grills then plated inside. We had each and they were delicious.
Tips: If you don't know how to filet a fish, don't get a whole fish. Service is naturally slow in Caye Caulker, don't be a jerk, just chill and go slow.

1  Thank BennieOnTheGo

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We wandered out of the hotel a bit late for dinner and happened to walk past Maggie's Sunset Kitchen- while the ambiance is very relaxed almost as if in the outdoor basement of a local house, we noticed that the busy crowd eating all had white wine and lobster in hand so we KNEW it must be good. It almost felt as if we were on an episode of Anthony Bourdain! The casual backyard ambiance did not reflect the amazing fresh fish and lobster dishes that we ate- absolutely delicious. Maggie's is a gem!

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a nice dinner here. The food is really good and it's very cheap. They have especially a lot of fish on the menu

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We had a selection of curry and a special of mackerel with coconut rice. Service was polite, nothing more. The 2 for 1 drinks came 2 each (as opposed to 2 drinks for the price of one we got 4 for the price of 2) which was maybe a misunderstanding on our part. The food was good, I wouldn't say outstanding but very nice. The surroundings and tables & chairs are very basic, and for me, it was a little pricey given the rough & ready feel. There are other restaurants on the island with similar prices that have more comfort to offer. They don't have a sunset view though

Reviewed 24 August 2017

The food at this place was very local feeling and not on the main tourist drag with all of the other restaurants trying to get you into a table of theirs. The lime juice and veggie kebab were very tasty, as well as the many sides you can choose from. I would recommend this place for anyone who is looking for something a bit more local but with great food.