“Real Italian Chefs! Absolutely beautiful patio at night!”

Il Pellicano Cucina Italiana
Ranked #10 of 107 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Price range: US$7 - US$7
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Il Pellicano's commitment is to offer truly authentic Italian cuisine and excellent service in a lush tropical settings, using only the finest ingredients.
Reviewed September 8, 2017

My FAVORITE, yes favorite restaurant on the island. The chef and owners make a real effort to purchase true imported ingredients for an incredible menu straight from Italy. I was definitely skeptical the first time I visited because I did not believe that there would be anything truly Italian in Belize- I ate my own words. Not to mention a quality wine selection.

The patio at night reminded me of some restaurant feels in Tulum with layered patios and string lights. It is definitely one of the most expensive restaurants on the island but it completely worth its value.

1  Thank Kelsey B
Owner I, Owner at Il Pellicano Cucina Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Thank you for your kind review. We do import our main ingredients from Italy. Our chef trained for 2 years with Italian chefs but she is Belizean. We really try to hire and train Belizeans as it is their country and they need to work. I feel very proud of our staff as they have really committed to our system and giving great service to our guests. This is their restaurant as much as it is ours!! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We were celebrating our 30th Anniversary and on a recommendation we saved this place for our last night in Belize. The food was great! The staff was great! We opted for the "house" cocktails, which were awesome as well.

Congratulations! Thank you for picking Il Pellicano to celebrate and recognizing the staff. Your feedback means a lot to them.

Reviewed September 1, 2017

Treat yourself to an upscale 'Island' Italian restaurant. Cloth napkins, great atmosphere.....not at all what we expected to find in the Islands. Lush garden oasis, and a very tranquil setting. You can tell that this was a 'build a luxurious place, and they will come' kind of place. Very well thought out vision for this restaurant, with EXCELLENT food to match the service.

You are right, we built what we thought the island was ready for and needed and they are coming! A lot of fun building it and fun watching our staff grow as well! Thank you for your awareness and comment on Il Pellicano.

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Seriously tastey authentic Italian food! Fab service and we had a voucher for a free cocktail it was lovely! There was also live music from a lady called Rosie she was awesome! Definitely check this place out!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Much appreciated...

Reviewed August 20, 2017

This is a unique restaurant for Caye Cauker wonderful setting, quiet live music (a female guitarist/vocalist), UNBELIEVABE food and service. You will not be disappointed.

Thank you for recognizing the food and our staff. The chef and servers look at our reviews and take them seriously.