Blackbird resort is truly magical. The resort is its own island with individual cabanas, crystal clear warm water and the best staff on the planet. We stay in the deluxe cabanas which are spacious with a separate seating area, coffee machine, frig and large screened in front porch. All cabanas are ocean front. I am a snorkeler. Every visit I have seen amazing sea life and gorgeous coral. Chris is an incredible guide with an awesome eye for spotting sea life no one else can see. Jermaine is also a great guide. The food is awesome. Miss Lita makes the best spaghetti I've ever eaten and always makes extra because I eat so much. Ian and Oscar are great bartenders and meal servers providing great service and fantastic drinks. Brandon and Bernie are wonderful managers always being sure everyone has a good time. The support staff are all wonderful as well. The entire staff is always friendly, fun and totally committed to meeting everyone's needs. They are all hardworking and all a joy to be around. The snorkeling there is incredible. We see eagle rays, squid, barracuda, angel fish, flounder, octopus, lobster and so many other fish, even small sharks, on a regular basis. The coral is very healthy, beautiful and there is a wide variety. This trip, Bernie and Brandon and the staff built a huge bonfire on the beach for happy hour. Oscar and Ian set up the appetizers and bar right on the beach. Blackbird is not the fanciest resort around, but it has everything you need to be comfortable with a wonderful ambience. And, now, I can't for next year and my 10th visit!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blackbird Caye is a privately owned Island sitting on The Mesoamerican Reef System - often referred to as the "Jewel of the Caribbean" - it is the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere with a rich tapestry of vivid corals, mangrove forests, coastal wetlands, and diverse marine wildlife. Within the reef you will find Turneffe Atoll the Caye where the resort is located. Turneffe is the largest and most biologically diverse of the 3 atolls found in the Caribbean home to more than 65 species of stony coral, 350 species of mollusk, and more than 500 species of fish, manatees, dolphins and invertebrates. There are over 70 dives sites all within 10-15 minutes from the resort and 45 minutes to Lighthouse Reef where The Great Blue Hole is located. The resort is made of 19 modern cabanas facing the Caribbean Sea and 1 beach house. The cabanas are all equipped with A/C, fans, private bathrooms, either King or Queen Beds with new comfortable bedding, private porches with chairs and swinging hammocks. Included in the price are your cabana, 3 daily meals, dive or snorkel package, complimentary transfers to the island on Wednesdays and Saturdays and use of the resort's kayaks. We are the only resort on Turneffe with an air strip making it convenient to arrive or depart any other day of the week. Our courteous and helpful staff will always make you feel at home as customer service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Blackbird Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackbird Caye Hotel Turneffe Islands
- Blackbird Caye Belize City