All reviewsoutdoor showerblue holethe managersdive sitesdive masterfamily styleother guestsevery morningfishbelize cityboat captainhalf moon cayegreat divinghot chocolatedive tripeagle raysdive staff
Reviewed November 15, 2017

One of the best vacations we've ever taken! Can't wait to return to this private island for a week of being pampered and doing what we love - snorkelling and diving. The 1:1 ratio of guests to staff (actually more staff) provided a very high level of service and the staff knew ALL the names of the 35 guests by day 2. From the wait staff (kudos to Krista, Rey and Fidel), to the gift shop hostess - Marissa, to the housekeeping staff - great job by Berta, to the managers Alan and Maya, the bar tender George, the dive masters Marcel and Marcella and the snorkel guide Beans - who was unbelievable about his knowledge of all the fish names and did his best to find the elusive ones, to the boat captains, J.V., Brad and Cap Carlton and the many, many others behind the scenes, everyone performed their jobs with the utmost attention to detail and excellence. I loved the hours I spent in the water snorkelling for unusual fish and my husband enjoyed his 15 dives - including the Blue Hole.
My only regret was we hadn't booked a 2 week stay. One of the unexpected bonuses was having the whole beach to ourselves one afternoon - very few places you can go on a vacation and have the beach to yourself. Being on this private island and meeting interesting people - both guests and staff - was a true vacation from our normal stressful work life and the location, a 90 minute boat ride from civilization, was the best getaway. The sign under which we arrived and left said it best- "arrive as strangers, leave as friends".

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean view - all excellent
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2017

Had an amazing 7 day trip, the room and amenities were incredible. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. The island and resort were beautiful. The snorkeling was awesome. I will definitely recommend this resort to others and I hope to return again.

Reviewed November 15, 2017

The island was spectacular! A perfect getaway for a girlfriend trip and definitely a place to go back to with a lover! The service was impeccable and the food fabulous. All of the staff were friendly and accommodating.

1  Thank missybronwyn
Reviewed November 15, 2017

I recently returned from a five day visit to Turneffe Island Resort with nine of my best girlfriends, and highly recommend this vacation destination. The service was impeccable; the food was fabulous, and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. We went on two snorkeling trips and Beans was a wonderful (and patient) guide. We also went on the Blue hole excursion which included 3 opportunities for snorkeling. We pampered ourselves with massages, scrubs and body wraps. Victoria and Ebony were awesome! They have kayaks, paddle boards and hobie cats for visitors' use as well. I just can't say enough about how beautiful and relaxing the resort is. Totally exceeded my expectations, and I would return in a heartbeat!

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

We just returned from an eight day visit to Turneffe Island Resort and can highly recommend this vacation destination. Everything about the place is really good, and it is probably one of the best well run resorts we have visited...certainly the best in Belize. We did the snorkeling and fishing packages, and both are exceeded our expectations. Beans is a really good snorkel guide(explains lots ), and Fabio really worked hard to help my husband find the fish he wanted to catch. As others have stated, the food was REALLY good, as was the service, presentation, and attention to detail. We will return soon.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends