All reviewsoutdoor showerblue holethe managersdive sitesdive masterfamily styleother guestsevery morningfishbelize cityboat captainhalf moon cayegreat divinghot chocolatedive tripeagle raysdive staff
Reviewed November 21, 2017

I recently spent a week diving at Turneffe. I had a large group of 24 divers and they handled it flawlessly. A large group can present a challenge but I really liked how they did our group on dives. We even got to hunt lionfish and eat them!! The food was amazing, the rooms are beautiful and the staff is friendly and helpful. I've traveled around the world on dive trips and this place is special. The grounds are well kept and like a tropical garden. Because it is remote, it feels like the private island it is. I would highly recommend it for any diver, individual or group.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

This place is great! We were met by the friendly staff as we got off the boat & from then on they catered to our every need. Food & drink were delicious. Snorkeling trip to Half Moon Caye & the Blue Hole was beautiful with our very patient guides. Loved having coffee on my screened in porch every morning. Hope to come back!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Teri M
Reviewed November 17, 2017

Complete rest, relaxation and very peaceful trip. The staff and my stay in villa #9 made the trip over the top. Surprisingly, I loved the outdoor shower experience. The food was fantastic, there wasn't anything I didn't like. But if you like snorkeling this is the trip to make happen in your life at least once. We will be back. Soon come back to Turneffe Island, Belize. Thank you y'all......!

Room Tip: The villas are all pretty equal to each other, meaning fantastic.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2017

I have stayed at many upscale resorts and this one really stands out. The location - your room is literally on the sand, the food was fantastic and the service was excellent. The staff goes above and beyond to cater to your every whim. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2017

One of the best vacations we've ever taken! Can't wait to return to this private island for a week of being pampered and doing what we love - snorkelling and diving. The 1:1 ratio of guests to staff (actually more staff) provided a very high level of service and the staff knew ALL the names of the 35 guests by day 2. From the wait staff (kudos to Krista, Rey and Fidel), to the gift shop hostess - Marissa, to the housekeeping staff - great job by Berta, to the managers Alan and Maya, the bar tender George, the dive masters Marcel and Marcella and the snorkel guide Beans - who was unbelievable about his knowledge of all the fish names and did his best to find the elusive ones, to the boat captains, J.V., Brad and Cap Carlton and the many, many others behind the scenes, everyone performed their jobs with the utmost attention to detail and excellence. I loved the hours I spent in the water snorkelling for unusual fish and my husband enjoyed his 15 dives - including the Blue Hole.
My only regret was we hadn't booked a 2 week stay. One of the unexpected bonuses was having the whole beach to ourselves one afternoon - very few places you can go on a vacation and have the beach to yourself. Being on this private island and meeting interesting people - both guests and staff - was a true vacation from our normal stressful work life and the location, a 90 minute boat ride from civilization, was the best getaway. The sign under which we arrived and left said it best- "arrive as strangers, leave as friends".

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean view - all excellent
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple