See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enough said. Well I guess not enough said since I have \to write 200 characters. I wonder if spaces count? Nope. I really don't want to put any of my actual thoughts here. I just want to show the pictures that I took.
I almost gave it two dots for the Patrick Stewart picture in my room.

Room tip: Hmm. If you can't say something nice...
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Doug O
Reviewed October 28, 2018

We were here for two nights and would not recommend it to anyone. In fact, we would advise against staying here. Here are the good and bad points of the Princess Hotel:

Good: Room was clean. Bed was okay, but probably not comfortable for a longer stay. The hotel provides two free bottles of water daily (you shouldn't drink the tap water or use it for brushing your teeth). If you like movies, the hotel has two theaters with current run movies. The hotel lobby also has a limited casino, if you like to gamble.

Bad: The Hotel needs extensive renovation. From peeling wallpaper in the lobby to peeling ceiling paint in the main dining room, the lack of upkeep is widespread and noticeable. It's not the typical tropical toll you see on almost all tropical properties, but simply neglect. The morning breakfast is horrible. I'm surprised any restaurant can make an omelet or freshly scrambled eggs be unappealing, but this one did. The pool and pool deck were closed for the entire stay due to "we need to put chlorine in the pool." Although the front desk had a couple of flyers out the day we checked in about spa services, when I walked to the spa, it was being completely gutted and would be closed for days if not weeks. Why have the flyers out when you cannot provide the service? On Saturday night, we could not sleep until about 4:00 a.m. A club across the street played music so loud that it sounded like a stereo in our room and the low bass reverberated across our fifth floor room. When we called the desk and asked/complained, the response was matter of fact that it stops by 4:00 a.m. — no apologies or offers of providing ear plugs. The hotel must receive the same complaints every week and it has done nothing about it or provided ear plugs and a warning upon checking in.

In sum, stay elsewhere. We stayed due to a conference at the hotel and booking by the conference host. Unless you are forced here, avoid it. If we were not already leaving for an island hotel in Belize, we would have switched hotels.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank CDTravels2016
RigobertoM101, General Manager at Ramada Belize City Princess Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2018

Dear guest,
At the Ramada all feedback is valuable and we thank you for taking the time to provide us with yours. We must apologize for not meeting your expectations that you have come to expect from us. We greatly appreciate your comments about the different aspects of the hotel that needs renovation as that is exactly what are working on. It is unfortunate that during your stay, yes indeed, the pool was closed but it was done as it was being worked on. The Spa as you pointed out was under renovation and we are happy to inform you that it is up and going now. Our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property.

With much appreciation,

Reviewed October 26, 2018

Stayed here for 5 nights. First time in Belize so I didn't know what to expect.
But did not expect such a run down hotel.

We pulled in and there was a armed guard dressed in civilian clothing. Went to check in and the staff were not friendly at all. They weren't overtly rude but just didn't really care for customer service.

Our room wasn't ready so we had to wait. went to the lobby bar which is very outdated and had a moldy smell. Bartender was rude, he seen me waiting and didn't say anything until I spoke to him.

The hallway to the rooms is outside facing the street and the dirty roof and noisy A/C's
The room isn't horrible it's just very outdated. The view of the docks is nice and watching the sunrise is the best part.

The breakfast was good and clean but again the dining room is outdated. It was raining one day and the staff were using towels to soak up the leaks.

There is a movie theater in the hotel which was nice. There's also a casino which I didn't go to.

The restaurant behind the hotel was good and the prices not too bad. Very good Pina Coladas

That's basically all I have to say about this hotel. I'm surprised they are allowed to use the Ramada name with the hotel being in the condition it's in.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel if your looking for comfort
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mellojuice

Dear Guest,
At the Ramada all feedback is valuable and we thank you for taking the time to provide us with yours. We must apologize for not meeting your expectations that you have come to expect from us. First of all, I want to apologize for the experience you’ve had upon your check in. It’s not our usual standard and I understand how frustrating it must have been. We greatly appreciate your comments about the different aspects of the hotel that needs renovation as that is exactly what are working on. Our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere as all our guests. I will be sure to speak with the respective department managers of the issues you highlighted and sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity to accommodate you on your next visit to Belize.

With much appreciation,

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

I have the best vacation there! The Hotel was impressive being in Belize. Not over crowded, I felt like I was in a private stay. The only problem was the phones and the WiFi in the room were not working so they switched us to another room which had an even better view but lacked WiFi so we just enjoyed each other all week long! I didn’t not like seeing the guards with guns standing right out of the hotel but the Belizians were so welcoming and full of love! We plan to visit again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kendra C

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to share your prestige opinion on your stay with us at the Ramada. We take pride in giving outstanding service every customers and we're overjoyed to receive your compliments and appreciation. The armed guards are for the sole purpose of the casino. We hope to see here again and please be sure to add your friends and family. We will ensure they all enjoy the same quality of service as you have.

With warm regards,
Ms Asuceli C.

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

First approach.. staff seems to hate their jobs.. they do not know how to welcome people into their facility! They even tried talking about my husband and I in Spanish behind the counter, not knowing my husband knows Spanish. Wanted to go swim in the pool at night and they had it open to the public and also the pool light was off and the area just looked really suspicious. Didn’t feel safe going swimming at night because it was so dark out. Other than that I was just at this hotel to shower and sleep, didn’t want to be here too long.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We are devastated to hear you had such a bad experience with us.We are usually known for our great customer service and attention to detail in everything that we do. We try to maintain the highest standards of service, but clearly that's not what happened here.We are extremely sorry to hear about your experience, and even more sorry to disappoint a customer. Please note that there is always a manager on duty at the hotel. Once more we apologize for the experience you. We will be sure to speak directly with the respective department managers.We'd like to make sure that such mistakes don't happen again.

With regards,