Chateau Caribbean
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Belize City
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Royal Orchid Hotel(Belize City)
Bachelor Inn(Belize City)
View Hotel
St. George's Caye Resort(St. George's Caye)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Royal Palm Island Resort(St. George's Caye)
Embassy Hotel(Ladyville)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2017

We booked the Chateau for our upcoming trip to Belize City, but sadly it burned down before we got there. Given its location and architectural style, I am sure it would have been a great stay. When we got to Belize City, I wanted to see what was left of it after the fire - not much, as you can see from the photos. It looks hard to rebuild, and that is really unfortunate.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank electronicpaper
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

We absolutely loved the Chateau and are so saddened to learn it burned down. We stayed in room 303 which was probably the Governors bedroom when it was his mansion. Fantastic if you like historic hotels.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Please be advised that the hotel burned to the ground this past Saturday morning, November 27, 2016.

The fire began in the hotel's second floor kitchen. Multiple Belizean news outlets report that the fire consumed the whole building before the Fire Department had it fully extinguished, about 12 hours later. The hotel management tells me by email that they're out of business "until further notice".

Chateau Caribbean was my favourite place to stay in Belize City; I'll really miss it.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank David F
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel fit our budget perfectly. Had a great view of the ocean. Clean room, lovely restaurant. Although not the newest hotel perfectly adequate for a stay. The safe in our room didn't work but that was my only complaint.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2016

I spent 2 nights here and I think I was one of only 2-3 guests in the hotel. Room was clean and staff was friendly, just on the older side. Would probably look at the Radison next door for my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo