“Amazing hospitality!”
Review of The Red Hut Inn

The Red Hut Inn
Ranked #7 of 26 Belize City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My dad and I visited Belize to scuba dive and he was mainly used to resorts when I chose the red hut inn. We absolutley loved it! They are extremely hospitable and welcoming. I am still craving all the food especially the mango burgers. Can not wait to go back. I think we would have had to jump through a lot more hoops without Julia and Louis help.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea C

Reviewed 3 April 2012

After spending two weeks traveling around Belize, we just wanted a nice, quiet place to relax and prepare to fly home. It turned out to be another wonderful tour day! Julia & Lewis are so helpful. They introduced us to Patricia, who took us on a wonderful tour of Altun Ha. We enjoyed breakfast prepared by Lewis each morning on the deck. We were able to walk to the store and to dinner without worry. I would suggest this guest house to anyone who is looking for comfort with access to knowledge of the city and the country. Oh and the food. I can't wait to go back for Lewis' Barbque Chicken!! Sybil H - Mississippi Gulf Coast

1  Thank Mermaiddreams2009
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We had a great time staying here at the Red Hut Inn! Louis and Julia are great people who really help you out. We stayed there for 2 days at the beginning of our trip and one night at the end and I am really glad we did. Louis is a great chef and provides a quality experience. They provide rental cars and transport services for a lot less than a taxi. The last night we were there we stayed up out on the balcony with Louis talking about the area and Belize in general and had a blast! The place is within walking distance of a bank, grocery, and restaurant. The rooms are pretty nice with cable tv and air conditioning and I know they are planning on doing a lot of improvements soon. It was a great experience and I would definitely recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Kat C
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Took a chance on booking a small boutique Hotel/B&B for my daughter and I to explore the Country of Belize. The name intrigued me so I thought what the heck. After emailing Julia & Lewis I decided to book. While the rooms are small and quaint, they are clean and nicely furnished. It is a little far from town but they are more than willing to take you anywhere as a taxi service cheaply. They also have cars to rent for the day excursions.

Lewis cooks all meals and his chef training in England is very apparent. Julia helped arrange a 4 day excursion to San Pedro late Sunday night by calling one of the supervisors for Maya Airlines at home to ensure we would be on the 730am flight. (scuba diving is important)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2012

When we arrived it was late, so I couldn't see the neighborhood, but Julia met us at the door by name and welcomed us in. Louis is a great chef and made a delightful dinner for us. The place is so open and welcoming and more of a bed and breakfast kind of place. Louis made a great Belizian breakfast for us as well. The room was comfortable and clean; just a bit dated. When the sun shone the next day I could see it was a professional neighborhood with friendly neighbors. I would recommend this place. The only surprise was that there is a 5% surcharge if you want to charge the bill to a credit card.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Our brief one night stay with Julia and Louis was awesome. They are a wealth of information and can basically arrange anything you need, airport pickup/drop-off, on-site Jeep rental, day-trips and transfers, etc. I'll be using them again when we come back to Belize next year. The accommodations are basic and clean. Nothing fancy, just what we needed as we were only in the city for one night and didn't want to pay for overpriced Raddison/Best Western type accommodation. It's in a nice private residential area that is safe and secure a bit outside of town. No need to venture out too far for meals anyway as Louis makes the best food around and hanging out on the deck and meeting some new and interesting people was really great.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Julia and Lewis are very attentive and will go out of their way to make sure that you enjoy your stay in Belize City. It is very convenient that they offer breakfast and dinner at the inn and Lewis is an amazing cook. Julia gave us a ride to town and pointed us in the right direction when we wanted to explore Belize City. The room was clean and comfortable and good value for money, with cable TV, AC and free WiFi. It is located in a quiet residential neighborhood on the canals. Remember this is Belize City and not Miami, so if you want the Ritz, you should probably stay at the big name hotel for three times the price. You can also rent a car at the inn, which makes it a very convenient first stop when arriving in Belize. We will definitely be returning to the Red Hut Inn on our next visit to Belize.

2  Thank HybreT