“AWAY FROM THE OCEAN : AUTHENTIC LOBSTER FEST”
Review of Authentic Flavors

Authentic Flavors
Ranked #19 of 92 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Our beautiful and cozy little restaurant overlooks the main center of San Ignacio town. We offer local (traditional and contemporary Belizean) cuisines. We are the only restaurant in San Ignacio that offers a full local menu.
Reviewed June 30, 2018

Sitting on the balcony of the second floor above the bustle of the busy street , Authentic Flavors created a calming atmosphere with smells emitting from the kitchen of great things to come..The six of us ordered freshly made tropical fruit juices .My choice of Juice was just right , not too sweet and rich in the flavour of Tamarind . The waitress brought corn chips and salsa to the table plus we order Lobster Ceviche which was amazingly delicious . Lunch took some extra time as the restaurant was a little busy but we were all relaxed and catching up with each other .The dishes coming from the kitchen to our table was pleasing to the eye and we all stopped talking to dive into our plates.My lobster tail was delicious so was the parsley potatoes. I am not a lover of steamed vegetables and thought they were a little over done but my friends seems to enjoy their vegetables. My beer with my meal was icy cold .
Leaving the restaurant we noticed on display dishes with local foods , fruits herbs and spices.We spent time quizzing each other for the names and Miss Ivy Flores and Miss Marcia Augustine owner and chef took the time to tell us about the items unknown to us.
I have been to Authentic Flavors before for drinks but this was my first meal and will not be the last.

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

The food was fresh, authentic and amazing. I asked our server, who was very friendly, what her favorite thing on the menu was. She replied "the burger" without hesitation. The burger was not your typical beef burger. It consisted of shredded pork, seasoned to perfection, on a super soft roll also served with plantain fries. It was honestly one of the best "burgers" I've ever had. We also had the Creole shrimp, a side of beans and veggie tacos, all of which were delicious. I would not miss this restaurant if you're staying in San Ignacio.

Reviewed April 11, 2018

This place is upstairs and consists of like ten tables. They cook the food in what I think is their home kitchen and it is AMAZING. Probably the best food we had in San Ignacio. They offer Belizian cuisine and their specials change all the time based on what is fresh and available. The service was also warm and friendly.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

This place is wonderful from friendly owners to the best food in Belize. We had the butter chicken curry special and a shrimp curry. Mind blowing !!! And amazing prices. An absolute must for food lovers.

Reviewed March 9, 2018

Just a bad experience all around. A local was in the restaurant and seemed to be really drunk. they didn't do anything about him at all. just let him walk table to table and talk to people and just ignored him. really pissed me off. Food was below average...