“What a find!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Ignacio
Casa Blanca Guest House
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in San Ignacio
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We arrived here from Orange Walk, where the accommodation was rather basic. We were greatly relieved to find crisp white sheets and clean, cool rooms with a/c at Casa Blanca. It is centrally situated above a shop on Grove, within easy reach of everything. We especially liked the communal lounge with kitchen for breakfast.We ate at several places, but especially Hannah's opposite. We were there during campaigning for the general elction, which lent some animation to the town.

Room Tip: Theya re all good.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Casa Blanca is perfect for it's price. Very clean, quiet, but located directly in the middle of downtown San Ignacio. There is a very nice dining/living/kitchen great room but we never had the time to hang out in it - seemed like no one else did either, though. The staff is very nice, and helpful with anything you need (not pushy, as well, which I like). We stayed here two nights before going to Guatemala to see Tikal. On our return night we "treated" ourselves to the "swanky" San Ignacio Resort Hotel. Totally not worth the money, should have stayed at Casa Blanca one last night. If you are happy with clean, bare bones, well located accommodation don't hesitate to grab a room here. We opted for a room with A/C and glad we did because the windows didn't open, so no breeze. Keep that in mind, as well. They won't charge you to use the wifi if you are just using a phone, too.

1  Thank ootanaboot
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Location was easy to find and in the heart of town. Walk outside your door and you have restaurants and tour options at your door step. Owner was friendly and room was very clean. Had a great sleep for the four nights I was there. Only thing negative was the shower pressure and the small ants in the bathroom, but I think that was normal for Belize because even my 5 star resort had ants in the kitchen. The price was great I think I was paying around 25 US a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back away from the noisy street.
2  Thank canadianballfan
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I spent almost a week here. It is a great place at an affordable price. The location is great, right in the centre of town. The best restaurant in town is right across the street. The rooms are nice and very clean. It is very safe, The rooms have deadbolt locks and the main entrance is kept locked at all times. The lobby is wonderful decorated and has comfortable furniture for socializing or reading. There is a kitchen that you can use. Internet is not available in the rooms but works very good in the lobby. Just off the lobby is a balcony where people like to sit and watch the activity in the main street below. Although it is on the main street, I head very few noices at night and slept well. If I ever return to San Ignacio I would not consider staying anywhere else. Lots of tour companies nearby to arrange tours.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

loved the location - right on the main road! we were in room 7 and the noise isn't bad at all. we didn't need the a/c. the bathrooms weren't really up to our standards but it was alright. the tv had all the channels like the states. across the street, you have to visit hannah's restaurant and mickey's snack shop. the rooms come with soap and towels only.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We wanted to be close to all the restaurants and go to the Mayan ruins in Guatemala, so chose this hotel. It was an average hotel, but served the purpose. They had a tour to Tikal Mayan ruins in Guatemala that was worth staying there for. I'd give the tour a 5 star rating!! We felt completely safe and our guide was VERY knowledgeable and fun. It's an all day tour with lots of walking. Be sure to wear Deet spray for insects and good walking shoes!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed here 3 nights. I opted for air conditioning which I used. I don't know if she was the owner or manager, but she was very nice and always responded to my e-mails and gave good recommendations for places to eat. It was not noisy, I asked for a quiet room so the room was in the back.
I was able to catch a ride from Tikal to the hotel with the Tour Guide that has an office in the hotel for $25. He was helpful in crossing the border. I found out that if you don't want a tour, you can catch a ride with tour guides to Tikal for $25 and do the ruins on your own.
Be careful in doing the Tours that go into the caves after a big rain fall. I talked to several girls who did the ATM Tour after a big rain fall and the one cave filled up with water pretty fast. Everything turned out fine, but it was frightening.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. There are stairs. There is a kitchen, but we didn't use it. If you have...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family