This was my first time in Belize, and San Ignacio (a great and fun little town) was where i stayed at the first part of my trip). I chose this place because the price was right, the photos seemed right, and I liked the idea of staying in a cabana. First of all, walking from town, there are two hills, one right after town, and the other right before the hotel. Both are doable, but can tire you out. That being said, the cabanas were perfect for what i wanted- screened patio with hammock overlooking the town at night, soft bed, and warm shower. Yes, the roofs are thatched, but i was there when it rained and never got wet and only occaionally saw a lizard. Nothing at all to complain about. Also, the pool are relaxing and clean, and the restaurant had really good food and drink. I was pleasantly suprised. Plus, the hotel arrainged pickup for me from the Belize Airport and a return to the Belize Dock and the drivers were very enjoyable to talk with. In fact, all the staff was kind and quickly greeted me by name. Besides the cabanas, the best part of this hotel is the view overlooking the town and the close proximity to the Cahal Pech Mayan Ruins just about 100 yards away. Amazing to go to in the early morning and hear the birds come to life- I had the place to myself. Also, there is a great pancake place at the bottom of the hotel hill (fantastic banana pancakes), a grocery store, an ice cream store that makes soy ice cream, and a little farther down was an amazing bakery that had the best coconut cake! It took me about 15 minutes to walk down to Burnes Avenue from the hotel.
A cab back up is about 5 BZE. I would stay here again just for the view and the ambiance and the polite staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cahal Pech Village Resort is located in the heart of the Mayan world, San Ignacio, Cayo District, Belize. We offer professionally guided tours of local and other Mayan ruins in English and Spanish, as well as access to Mayan Healing, Culture and Art. We also offer Eco-tours, Jungle Adventure, Horseback Riding, Reef Diving and more. Relax at our Pool, or see Belize’s Beaches and Caves, Waterfalls, Sink Holes and Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Cahal Pech Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cahal Pech Village Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Cahal Pech Village
- Cahal Pech Village Resort Belize/San Ignacio