“Great Customer Service and Tasty Food!”
Review of Tolacca Smokehouse

Tolacca Smokehouse
Ranked #29 of 92 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 22, 2018

My wife and I had the opportunity to try Tolacca Smokehouse at the advice of our AirBnB hosts in Santa Helena and we are glad that we did! My wife ordered the jerk chicken and pork dinner and I ordered the beef burger with cheese and a fried egg! Her meal was very tasty and authentic jerk taste ... it came with a salad and potatoes. I ordered my burger well done but when it arrived I cut it open and it was very undercooked so I asked the server if they could throw it back on the grill. Without apprehension she offered to cook a new one to my liking even when I explained I was happy to just to have the one I had cooked some more as I didn't want to waste it. She assured me that it wouldn't go to waste but that they wanted to offer me a new one cooked to my liking. We were happy to wait as we were enjoying the nice evening and cold drinks and when the new burger arrived it was hot off the grill and cooked perfectly! I devoured the burger (it was really good) and enjoyed the fries and salad that accompanied it. With a couple of beer, a couple of rum and two dinner meals it totalled just under $50 BZ. Great meal, great service and great value ... I would not hesitate to return to Tolacca again! If I could give it 4.5 stars I would!

Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

We did not receive what was ordered and the server refused to correct the order. She said that Is not what she heard and refused to correct the problem and made us pay for what was delivered to the table. We were the only party in the restaurant at 7:30 on a Thursday evening. No wonder!!

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

We visited midweek and had fabulous dinner. Started with potato skins, and rum & cokes. Then my husband had the full rack of ribs. I had the fish & chips. Both were excellent. We loved the plants and ambience of this cute place.

Reviewed May 9, 2017

I have eaten here twice. It is a very nice quant out of the way restaurant in Santa Elena. It is very reasonably priced meals for the quality of restaurant. The Ribs are a must. I tried the lamb the second visit and I regret not having the ribs again. The service is good. The meals are a good size so don't bother ordering an appetiser first because you won't get through your main.

Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Tolacca is a little known gem in Santa Elena, truly a great place if you love BBQ. The chef knows how to season, smoke, cook and prepare all the meats and veggies using only fresh ingredients that will wishing you had them in your hometown. Off the beaten tourist path a bit, you feel slightly local. We wish we would have tried them sooner so we could have returned again! Great value on food and drinks, the baby back ribs were so much meat and cooked so perfectly. Service is also wonderful and professional. Definitely put this place on your list.