“Great pizza”

Afrodite Caffe' and Bar
Ranked #24 of 84 Restaurants in Placencia
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Description: Afrodite is a unique cafe on the famous Placenia sidewalk featuring eclectic offerings including salads, pizza, calzone, pastas, roll ups, hummus, quesadillas, addictive pastries, a line of house crafted rums and an expansive daiquiri menu. Gluten free, vegetarian, vegan or special requests... no problem. We specialize in house-crafted rums. Serving from 3PM until late. Closed Mondays. Happy hour 3 - 6 PM features free yummy bar snacks.
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Ate here for dinner, great service. The pizza was fantastic. I love this place! We will eat here again. Not just a pizza place. Great time ,great service !

frankie g, Owner at Afrodite Caffe' and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

Thank you thank you thank you. We appreciate the compliments. Constructive criticism and suggestions are helpful and welcome. A customer suggested we add more pasta dishes. We did... It worked! Please tell us what we can do to make Afrodite a solid 10. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Stop into this restaurant during our first night in the village. Had a lovely martini with the bartender who was most kind. Reviewing the menu a veggie pizza caught our attention and when it arrived we had hit the MOTHER LODE. It was tasty beyond belief, large, thin crust (which we asked for) and seasoned well. The to go left overs were consumed in 2 more lunches in our condos. LOVED it - good value and the best pizza in the village in our opinion.

frankie g, Owner at Afrodite Caffe' and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Hi Randy, Yeah, at Afrodite we sell "Lick Me" all fruit popsicles. Somehow the Lick Me name has managed to upstage Afrodite Caffe' ... gets confusing... we'll work on that. Yes, pizza is a personal thing and you should have it as you wish. Thanks for letting us know just how you like it. Glad it was okay for you. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

My group and I spent a week in Placencia and I must say this was one of our favorite meals! We stumbled in on our second night to find nice people, good conversation and AMAZING PIZZA. We thought it was so great we had to come back again. Our second experience was even better than the first. We, again, had to enjoy the pizza along with some refreshing cocktails. To top it all of we had what all of us decided was the best carrot cake we had ever had. I would recommend this establishment to anyone who is looking to meet some great people and enjoy some delicious food. John the bartender and Frankie the owner will greet you and make you feel at home!!

We are honored that you spent two of your limited Placencia nights with us. And special thanks for liking the pizza. We think the trick is asking our guests how they want it ... everyone has their own idea of what makes a perfect pizza ... so thanks for letting us know just you want it. Wishing you safe travels and hope we see you n your next visit to beautiful Belize.

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

I will start off by saying, best pizza I have ever had! My group and I decided that we wanted a relaxing place to hang out after a day of adventure zip lining and cave tubbing and this was the perfect place. We took home a pizza a few nights before and we’re blown away and knew we had to come back.

The food is spectacular! The pizza is to die for and the carrot cake is worship worthy. The staff is one of the best I have seen. Always making sure you have a full drink and making sure the food is up to your standards (which it always is), but the hospitality is greatly appreciated.

Job and Frankie are the best around, you won’t be disappointed!!

As a side note; anyone that says anything bad about this place is clearly having a bad trip.

We will be back again before we go home on Saturday!

Yeahhh!! Gabriella.. thank you so much. We know we can't please everyone ... but we try ... and it's great guests like you that make it all worth while. Afrodite is new, we're learning. Thanks for telling us what you llke. See you next time ... take good care ...

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

I want to preface by saying I downloaded Trip Advisor JUST to write this review. My friends and I (six of us) ordered pizza from Afrodite on our second night in Belize. Admittedly, we were all three-sheets to the wind at the time we ordered it, but the gentlemen who run the place were kind enough to make us a pizza very late with all of the ingredients they had left. IT. WAS. AMAZING. We all woke up in the morning and talked about getting it again. So here I sit, as I write this, in Afrodite again (much more sober this time, lol) eating their pizza and enjoying their hospitality. Let me tell you - the pizza is JUST as amazing as it was the first time we had it. What a cute hole-in-the-sand place we have found to enjoy. The owners are kind, attentive, and well worth the visit. Fair pricing, and better yet - a carrot cake to die for. Thank you so much Afrodite Café, I am sure we will be back before we leave. 10 OUT OF 10 recommend. Love from Minnesota.

You Minnesotans! Thanks for the kind words. Afrodite will remember you and your very special group, never a dull moment. Thanks for letting us cook for you and for exploring our cocktail menu. Please come back and see us on your next visit to beautiful Belize.