“Nice people, nice house, nice stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placencia
Silver Leaf Villa and Cabana
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We staid at Silver Leaf one week in February 2011, and liked it! The villa is conveniently placed in Placencia, far enough from noisy clubs but a few minutes walk from the center.

We specially appreciated the fully equipped kitchen, separated from the room, and the pier which offers swimming and sun-bathing in company of iguanas.

Special thanks to the family owning the place.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 March 2011

Quaint, cozy, cabana on canal to the Caribbean ! ! ! Owners, manager, and housekeeper are all delightful. I combined business and leisure on this month-long stay at Silver Leaf and by the time I left, I felt like family.

"Best bang for the buck" as bicycles, glass-bottom kayak, fishing gear, snorkel equipment are all at your disposal. Easy access to Post Office, grocery stores, restaurants, tour guides, and a yummy gelato parlor in the Village. Relax, sunbathe, read, swim, but don't miss the gorgeous sunsets over the lagoon beyond the Mayan mountains.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We were delighted with Silver Leaf Cabana! We enjoyed every minute there. The iguanas were mating and it was both fun and interesting to watch the male and females in the different trees. One small female climbed the steps to the Cabana and was looking around when she became frightened by Ben’s sudden appearance on the porch and dashed away. The porch is such an integral part of the cabana. We could always find a shady spot and a breeze out there, regardless of the time of day or night. We went out to dinner on New Year’s Eve and then came back and watched the occasional fireworks from “our” porch. What a perfect setting! I was also impressed with how the pictures on your website so accurately portray the cabana and its surrounds.

We also really enjoyed Stefano. He was extremely pleasant and helpful to us in all manner of ways. For example, his orientation to the Village upon our arrival using the Placencia Breeze map, was very useful to us. Also, he looked up the numbers for, and then called a massage person or two for me until he found one who was available and then handed me his phone so I could make the appointment. He then carefully explained how to find the place. There were other similar incidents too many to recount. He is a jewel.

Sofia was waiting outside when we arrived to greet us. After welcoming us, she made sure we would know exactly where to find her by taking me to her home! She encouraged us to come get her if we had questions about anything. Later, I did have a question abd went over to ask her. She couldn’t have been nicer to me. In fact, she gave me a bowl of delicious black beans that she had just made and some warm homemade tortillas to take back to the cabana. You have a wonderful pair working with you.

The people in the Villa were so quiet that we didn’t think anyone was staying there. We did see one of two of them along the road as we came and went, but we never heard a peep coming from the Villa, just as I’m sure they never heard us. Perhaps the type of people who are drawn to both places are not the boisterous type. Whatever the reason, we had a beautiful, peaceful, enjoyable stay and would come back in a heartbeat.

Nancy and Ben

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2010

My sister and I stayed at Silver Leaf Cabana for a month. What a joy. As we are both retired, it offered us the peace and quite we were looking for. We absolutely loved it. Days spent lounging at the lagoon. My sister fell in love with the iguanas that live on and around the property. The villa is beautiful and would be a wonderful place for a family or group. Silver leaf is close enough to town that it was just a short walk for resturants or shopping. Placencia is a wonderful town and the people were friendly and a joy to talk to.
I would recommend Sliver leaf to anyone.
Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Really liked the villa. It was very clean and modern. It is important to have a scooter or transportation as town is a bit of a walk. Steafano the manager is INCREDIBLE!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Two of us stayed at the Silver Leaf Cabana - very comfortable for a couple. The upstairs bedroom is small but perfectly adequate and the evening breezes were divine! There is a small but fully equipped kitchen with table downstairs. The location is quiet, yet not too far to walk or bike to the restaurants and shops in town. The service was superb, and the rooms very well-kept. The balcony porch overlooks the water and is a wonderful retreat to just relax for awhile!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I stayed at the Silverleaf Cabana for 2 weeks and like I said it is a little peice of paradise! It is in the perfect sitting close to everything but still far enough away! The lagoon front is very peaceful and you can watch the sealife from the dock and the sunset are incredible. Everyone in the area seemed to be very friendly. I was a solo traveller and never felt unsafe at one moment. It was my third time to Placencia and I can't wait to go back. I miss everything and everyone there.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo