We spent 10 days at Roberts Grove in March 2012. This resort excels at customer service! From the welcome drink and tour of the resort upon arrival to your service in the restaurants and bars, it was representative of North American standards for service. We liked what we felt was an African/Polynesian theme in our room and being on the second floor with tree top views of the property made us feel like we were in the jungle, even though we were oceanside. We liked the proximity of the main restaurant to the beach, dining within a few feet of the rollers crashing on the shore was exhilarating. When a storm suddenly emerged, the staff moved extremely quickly to escort diners inside and roll down the window coverings. Having read two other posts regarding cleanliness of the grounds and pool, we have to say that things have obviously improved under the new ownership. There were plenty of chaise lounges with cushions (although for a few days there was a shortage of cushions), the pool was being cleaned every day, although the wind did whip leaves into the water on a regular basis, the gardener worked diligently daily to rake sand, paint wooden carvings, and performed general maintenance on the property. The spa upstairs is very nice, we had several massages instead of taking trips and each treatment was as good as one we would receive at home. We liked the low thatched palapa roof on the beach bar at the pier - it kept the wind from blowing us into the water. I agree with one review about the plastic cactus and palm trees on the marina side. At first glance I thought the cacti were real and when I realized they weren't some exotic flora that I hadn't seen before in Belize, that they were actually plastic lights that at night lit the way to the marina, I felt like I was in Vegas. I get that the marina is mexican themed, but these seemed out of place. However, it was nice to have the path lit when coming back from the marina late at night. The beach bbq at the Grove and the mexican buffet at Haberneros were excellent when we were there. In fact, the food was incredible. The Executive Chef does a spectacular job with the menu. If you go, realize that the resort is several miles away from everything, you will need to take a taxi or ride bikes to get off the property and sight see. Placencia village was worth seeing. Do go to Tutti-fruitti for gelato and Wendy's for lunch. Bring your bathing suit to the village, there is a good expanse of beach there for swimming. Back at the resort, the water on the ocean side isn't always swimmable because of the rollers, but when it's placid, it is wonderful. The lagoon side isn't swimmable because of the marina. There is a tennis court, there are bikes and watercraft for use. Also a lsmall ibrary where you can exchange your book for a different one. The property itself is very nice, but the staff are what make this a remarkable resort. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the Caribbean coast of the Placencia Peninsula in southern Belize, the award-winning Robert's Grove Beach Resort, is a comfortable, beautifully appointed property set amidst 22 acres of tropical, art-filled gardens and sandy beach that offers easy access to all of Belize's top attractions: The largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere, lush Rainforest and Maya Ruins. Robert's Grove Beach Resort features 52 air-conditioned beachfront Classic Vista one bedroom rooms, one, two and three bedroom villas, with all the conveniences one would expect from a finer Beach Resort. There are three private beachfront pools and a host of complimentary activities and amenities that include free wireless internet, tennis court, fitness room, bicycles, pedal boats, kayaks, windsurfers and Hobie Cats. The resort offers three distinct and delicious dining venues: The Seaside Restaurant, with its accompanying bar and lounge, overlooking the beach and sea and serves an international menu along with local specialties. Room Service is available from the Seaside Restaurant. Habanero Mexican Cafe & Bar, offering a full range of Mexican dishes, overlooking the Placencia Lagoon at the Robert's Grove Marina and Sweet Mama's Restaurant a delight in Belizean home cooking and a unique outdoor setting. The food and beverage team at Robert's Grove Beach Resort also arranges special evenings and cultural programs on a weekly basis, including its famous Saturday Night Poolside BBQ Buffet with local music and dancing as well as Habanero's Tuesday night Mexican Buffet and Sunday Paella special. Romantic dinners atop the resort's thatched rooftop gazebos, private room terraces and thatched palapa at the end of its 225 foot pier offer additional dining pleasures. The Resort's spacious grounds, professional food and beverage capability and fully equipped conference room have made it an especially popular setting for large destination weddings, celebrations and business events. The Resort's Water Activity Center features the most diverse water sport activities in southern Belize: At the Resort's 5-Star PADI Dive Center a highly skilled team of dive instructors and dive masters are on standby for instruction as well as daily trips to the many exciting dive locations in our area. Snorkeling, Fishing and island hopping are available from our luxurious charter boats. We also offer overnight stays at our two privately owned islands. The Resort also operates a wide range of tours and excursions to the rainforest and Maya ruins, including Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve and Monkey River.And after a full day exploring the wonders of Belize's magnificent barrier reef and its tropical rainforest, Robert's Grove offers its guests the opportunity to pamper themselves at the resort's well-appointed "Sea Spa" where skilled therapists provide a wide assortment of massages and spa treatments in indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, using the jungle's best natural herbs and oils. Robert's Grove Beach Resort has long proven its commitment to high standards - both in guest services and its regard for nature and the environment. Known for its natural beauty and quiet conforts, it is the perfect destination from which to enjoy the best of Belize and the beautiful Belizean people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Robert's Grove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Robert`s Grove Beach Hotel Placencia
- Hotel At Roberts Grove
- At Roberts Grove Placencia