My husband and I spent a week at the Green Parrot and I wish I could have stayed longer. This is the place to go if you need to get away from it all. The beach houses are exactly as they appear on the website. They are rustic, but clean and comfortable. If you need TV and AC this is not the place for you. If you want to relax on the beach, meet great people, eat great food, and go on some exciting tours this is the place you want to stay. The other reviewer stated that the beach was not cleaned, but we watched Pedro and Cameroon rake the beach every morning. Leo was amazing, and was always helpful. My husband wanted to dive with the Whale sharks and Leo set up the dives for him. The company they used was less expensive that the other dive shops, and they were the first trip to see the whale sharks this year. Leo also took us to the zipline and the river tube trip. One the way back we took a detour and stop and a ruin. Leo is very knowledgeable and I think he knows everyone in town.
Theresa is a great addition to the friendly staff. The Green Parrot is lucky to have her. She was always smiling. We had a great time getting to know her. Isabella, in the kitchen, also made our trip special. When I told her I loved the coconut shrimp, she invited me in the kitchen to learn how to make it!
Our last night was my husbands birthday and the staff made it special. Theresa made a birthday cake for him, Isabella cooked his favorite dinner and Leo even gave him a birthday present.
I found the Green Parrot to be exactly as the website shows, clean comfortable, rustic and friendly. I will definitely stay there again. I highly recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Parrot Beach Houses is located in Southern Belize on the Placencia peninsula. We have a total of 8 individual beach cabanas to serve our guests needs. All of our units are on the beach. In addition, we have our own bar and restaurant. The Green Parrot Resort serves a wide variety of customers- adventure travelers, divers, fishermen and women, weddings, college groups, religious service groups, and beach lovers. You can arrange all of your tours through the Green Parrot Office. We prescreen our tour guides so that you get the best adventure experience for the dollar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Green Parrot Beach Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Parrot Beach Houses Hotel Placencia
- Green Parrot Beach Hotel
- Green Parrot Beach Resort