“Thanks for another amazing trip!”

Blue Reef Adventures Ltd
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This was my fifth trip with Polly and her organization and once again - I had an absolutely fantastic time!
Blue Reef has recently moved locations to Lime Caye and it is simply gorgeous! Something out of a travel book! Beautiful, crystal clear warm turquoise water, long white sandy beach, tropical trees everywhere, lots of space to relax and enjoy. So close to the diving and fishing sites - no dive was more than 5 minutes away. Every dive was truly incredible - from spearing lion fish, spotting a rare midnight parrot fish and a 12 ft pregnant nurse shark, to being surrounded by schools of ocean trigger fish, illusive sea slugs and silky sharks! Dive Instructor Marco took great care to try and ensure that every diver felt safe, prepared and enjoyed their dive.
Although we had the entire island pretty much to ourselves the first week, there was a large group of Guatemalan’s on the island for Easter during the second week, which wasn't a problem at all. Polly made sure I was aware of this prior to the trip and that it was an unavoidable situation due to the location move (they have been coming to Lime Caye at Easter for over 60 years!). Between dives, I had a wonderful time hanging out and getting to know everyone - what a lovely opportunity to be immersed in another culture. We were graciously included in many fun activities and offers to join them for dancing, games and meals, which were delicious!! I hope to get another opportunity to join them again next year!
Accommodations on Lime Caye are simple but comfortable, with gorgeous views of the surrounding reef. Miss Sandra and Kenya had yummy food prepared for us - lots of freshly caught fish dishes and local favourites.
I'd like to thank Polly, Roland, Marco, Snake, Richard and Bubbles for making this year yet another wonderful, fun and memorable dive trip. They truly work incredibly hard to ensure everyone has a fantastic time. Looking forward to next year already!

Polly A, Owner at Blue Reef Adventures Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Thanks so much Dakota, we loved having you as always. Polly

All reviews
"lion fish"
in 13 reviews
"fishing trip"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"free dive"
"unique experience"
"rum punch"
"great diving"

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

What a memorable event.. Polly made us feel very comfortable with her communication and follow up during the booking process.

Roland and his first mate Join provided me and my friend one of the most memorable fishing adventure....WoW. Roland prepared fresh Sashimi at the dock as the sunset. Truly amazing...

David S.

Polly A, Owner at Blue Reef Adventures Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Thanks for the review Dave, I know everyone had a lot of fun with you guys. I will get the Blue marlin video on our FB page. Keep in touch and hopefully see you back here again soon. Roland's Sashimi is becoming legendary!!! Polly

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing day out with Blue Reef!
The weather was beautiful, we had dolphins playing by the boat in the morning then again at sunset!
We got to see a whale shark. It swam under the boat as we were bringing in one of the Tuna we caught!
Fishing was a bit slow that day, but we did catch 3 black fin tuna. A huge Blue Marlin was brought in right up to the boat, when we had a catastrophic hook failure and the huge guy got away! What an adveture.
The Capt., Guide, and crew were all great! Very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed and were always on the ball. I will happily recommend Blue Reef Adventures and we can't wait to head back down to Belize and book our next adventure.
Price point wise there are cheaper fishing charters out there, HOWEVER you get what you pay for.
Blue Reef is well worth their fees, they fish and dive themselves, so they aren't just in it for the money. It makes a difference when someone enjoys what they do, and shares their knowledge and experience with their guests.
Thanks again Blue Reef crew, we had a great time!

Polly A, Owner at Blue Reef Adventures Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Thanks so much Sue, I know the guys had a great day with you too. They managed to land a Blue Marlin a few days later! Hope to see you back here soon. Polly

Reviewed March 16, 2018

We booked an all day fishing trip and that it was! Polly was friendly and easy to book with. Rolando, Richard and Andy did a great job of making sure all was taken care of. From the minute we heard those reels we were in for a treat. Food, drinks, fish, they did it all! Even when I dropped my phone in the ocean, Captain Rolando dove in and retrieved it for me! They prepped the fish we caught and we had Chabil Mar cook it up for dinner. Blue Reef knows their stuff and they make sure you have a great time! Can't wait to go back and spend the day with them!

Polly A, Owner at Blue Reef Adventures Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2018

Thanks so much Ann for taking the time to write such a great review, looking forward to the next trip!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 9, 2018

Our trip with Blue Reef was the first diving trip ever for my husband, son and I. We had the MOST amazing time! From the get-go Polly helped me in planning the trip, answered by many questions about getting dive certified, what to pack etc.... She also very graciously offered suggestions for things to do before and after we were on the island. Roland and his amazing crew (SHOUT out to Byron and Anderson) were great. They were always smiling and right there to help. We enjoyed spending down time with them. The fishing was also off the charts and loved that we could spend some of our "non diving" time catching some big guys! Marco, our Dive Instructor was perfect! He made our first dive experience a comfortable and very very enjoyable one. The island.... OH THE ISLAND..... is a beautiful rustic 5 acres of pure paradise. Accommodations are comfortable and simple. No big signs, crowds, loud noises or attitudes. Just pure island magic with wonderful people and amazing healthy food. Only complaint was that Polly could not join us for the week. We cannot wait to come back!!!

Polly A, Owner at Blue Reef Adventures Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2018

Such a lovely review Tina, thanks. All of our staff loved having you and your family and we can't wait for you to come back. Next time I will make sure I join you!