All reviewshelpful ownershear the wavesbeach frontgrocery storeocean
Reviewed October 4, 2015

The location of this Hostel is great, just out of town to avoid the noise but very close to the beach and close enough to bars and restaurants. Our room was spacious with lots of natural light and a good en suite, even if no wall to the ceiling makes for slight lack of privacy, but we have been away a while so that's nothing new!!

Great staff, I think they were staying there as caretakers for the owner but either way they took very good care of us and were on hand if we needed anything.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lukeysarbear
Reviewed August 1, 2015 via mobile

Very cheap accommodation and you get so much more than you pay for. The rooms are great- spacious, clean, comfy beds, good shower and surprisingly also a FRIDGE which makes a lot of difference on those hot days. The owner is very friendly and helpful. Knows a lot about the area so can point you wherever you need to go whatever your taste. I'd highly recommend this place to anyone

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Maps137138
Reviewed May 25, 2015

We are so tired of staying at hotels that could be at any beach any where. Manatee Inn has its own unique character and local feel. We usually stay at higher end hotels loaded with amenities but we also feel we usually leave without a good feeling of what it is really like to be a part of the communities. We absolutely loved the 'feeling' of the Manatee Inn - we made our own continental breakfasts with fruits and breads from local stands, and sat on the deck to get our days started. The rooms are spacious and very clean and fresh. (There wasn't a whole lot of room to put any clothes or stuff, so plan on living out of your suitcase or use the other bed to pile stuff on.) The shower was clean and warm - I know because it was pretty hot and humid there, I took about 3 a day! The bathroom was part of the room but partitioned with stationary walls and a curtain for the door - all the plumbing worked great and the water pressure was really good. We rented their bikes (in great condition with baskets) which kept us feeling mobile (although you could easily walk to the other end of the village and pier.) The beach was so close we could hear the waves through our windows. No air conditioning was not a problem for us, I thought the fan and windows helped a lot - but I am no too bothered by the heat to begin with. There was a lot of shade and a great breeze all the time. No t.v. was even better - who needs to do what you do at home when you are on vacation! The wifi worked great, so you can always go on the internet if you really want to catch up on any shows. The only thing I would have liked is better pillows! The owners are on site if you need anything or just feel more secure knowing they are there. We really do recommend Manatee Inn if you are okay with plain and simple.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karen L
Reviewed May 11, 2015

I stayed here on two different occasions during my four months in Belize.

Service: During both stays, the owner Jarka made sure to accommodate our every need! For example, after leaving my beach bag in a nearby town the previous day, I was in desperate need of a few backup supplies until I could retrieve it. In his office, Jarka has TONS of supplies (beach towels, sunscreen, books/magazines, plasticware, etc). We were able to use what we needed at no additional charge.

Price: Extremely reasonable! His prices are listed right on his website, which eliminates the opportunity to "tourist upcharge" like some places tend to do.

Rooms: The rooms are clean, simple, and spacious. No AC (which you would expect unless staying at a resort here), but he provides you with one fan (two if you really need it). We had a mini fridge/freezer which proved really convenient! The only negative I would list here is the fact that there is NO BATHROOM DOOR! Instead, there is a curtain hanging as a covering (just think fitting room).

Location: Manatee Inn is about a 5 minute walk from the main part of town (beach bars, restaurants, shops, etc). For those who want to enjoy a quiet night's sleep away from the bar noise, it's ideal!

Overall, I was very pleased with both of my stays here! I would definitely stay again if/when I return to Placencia.

Room Tip: 2nd floor: the two far end rooms have hammocks outside
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cocoa_Commuter
Reviewed March 15, 2015

We loved the Manatee Inn. This place is great value and the owners were very nice and helpful. It is about a 5-10 minute walk from the boat landing, where we arrived from Raggamuffin Tours. About 300 feet from the beach and about half the price of the places that were right on the beach. Make sure you book early if you are staying in busy season, this place will sell out. Great spot!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple