See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 15, 2016

In 12 days in Belize I only spent 2 nights in the Manatee Inn and it is my only regret about the hotel. It was perfect. Best value for your money (US$35 per night for one person). No noise at night, really friendly owners Jarka & Slavek and the other room neighbors were super nice too. There is a great vibe in that hotel. I slept so well, it was raining but the construction in wood is so well made that I was not cold or feeling any humidity. I will go back for sure and for longer time!
Placencia is really a safe place and I was travelling there as a solo female.

Room Tip: If you get the room #3 or #4 you will have a corner room with a hammock.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Fabi04
Reviewed January 30, 2016

Great location just outside, but close enough, to the action in Placencia. Tidy, quiet, compact room with fridge and coffee machine that suitably housed our party of three. Hot water showers with lovely hammocks upstairs, our corner room with comfortable beds caught the sea breezes easily and kept us comfortable. The only negative is the open air bathroom - the room must be vacated for certain, uh, functions.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have two walls of windows to keep you cool and comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sheri C
Reviewed November 8, 2015 via mobile

Simple. Clean. Lovely wood. Just far enough out of town to be quiet, but easily close enough to walk to everywhere. And they were kindly accomodating of our changing schedule; thanks for the good stay!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dev N
Reviewed October 4, 2015

The location of this Hostel is great, just out of town to avoid the noise but very close to the beach and close enough to bars and restaurants. Our room was spacious with lots of natural light and a good en suite, even if no wall to the ceiling makes for slight lack of privacy, but we have been away a while so that's nothing new!!

Great staff, I think they were staying there as caretakers for the owner but either way they took very good care of us and were on hand if we needed anything.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lukeysarbear
Reviewed August 1, 2015 via mobile

Very cheap accommodation and you get so much more than you pay for. The rooms are great- spacious, clean, comfy beds, good shower and surprisingly also a FRIDGE which makes a lot of difference on those hot days. The owner is very friendly and helpful. Knows a lot about the area so can point you wherever you need to go whatever your taste. I'd highly recommend this place to anyone

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family