All reviewshelpful ownershear the wavesbeach frontgrocery storeocean
Reviewed April 23, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I came to Placencia on our honeymoon. We decided to stay at a budget hotel and save money during the several days we went diving, and chose Manatee Inn given all the good reviews. Overall, we were very happy with what Manatee provided, a great value with clean rooms with a nice 2nd story balcony with lounge chairs and a hammock. Jarka was a amiable host and was there to answer any questions we had.

The only thing to note is that Manatee is at the northern edge of town and requires a couple minute walk to the center where most of the restaurants are located, so maybe is not the place for those who require to be in the center of town. It also is a couple minute walk to the beach, and there are no beach views.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2016

I just needed a place to stay for one night - this was perfect. Jarka was so helpful and pleasant. My room (upper level) was nice and clean with a nice bath. The deck was a nice place to sit and enjoy the area. It was a little off the sidewalk/walk, which made it nice and quiet. As a single woman traveler, I felt very safe.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Ann-Marie C
Reviewed April 7, 2016 via mobile

Quietly situated at the end of the main boardwalk but within quick walking distance from the beach, restaurants, shopping and action of other resorts. Spacious, clean rooms and knowledgeable owners to help with excursions. Booking Agent for Tropic air for easy return to airport. Worth booking!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2016 via mobile

The rooms are absolutely beautiful. Dark wood line the floors and walls, with creative shutters on the windows. The water is potable, which is a big deal in Central America. Showers are hot and beds are comfy.
High speed wifi is free, and you get a key to the room.
The ceilings are vaulted, and the bathroom walls do not connect to the ceiling, which limits privacy. My girlfriend and I didn't mind, but I can imagine there are some more uptight travelers that might have an issue.
The windows don't have glass in them, so it's easy for other guests to overhear loud conversations and other activities that consenting adults participate in
Staff is super helpful and booked a great snorkeling tour for me with Nightwind that I highly recommend for a warm, clear day

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2016

I spent 10 days here in January. I really appreciated how the owners accommodated my need to store a bicycle and helped me keep it safe. The location is convenient and free from people trying to hawk goods. The owners are sweet, quiet people and they built and maintain this charming place themselves. It is a lovely, wooden, European design, and a really lovely place to come home each night.
The beds are not super comfortable; so if you need a Marriot, this is not for you. It is typical of budget facilities and the rooms are very spacious. There is a fridge in the room and tables/chairs outside if you want to eat at home. They also have hammocks which are nice for hanging out and relaxing in.
Really a great place and I would stay there again in a flash.

Room Tip: No A/C but good airflow; floor and ceiling fans. Walls are thin so light sleepers bring ear plugs just in case you have noisy neighbors.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family