The Placencia Hotel and Residences
US$175
US$170
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$190/night.

US$199
US$126
US$116
Orbitz.com
US$179
US$152
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

Green Parrot Beach Houses(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$88
  • Beachfront
Maya Beach Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$98
Paradise Vacation Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$62
Miller's Landing Resort(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$71
CheapTickets
Turtle Inn(Placencia)
US$319
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewspool barfrench cheforganic gardenkaraoke nightfishtennis courtsmaster suitehuge poolresort is beautifulhotel shuttlegrounds are well maintainedmin drivelounge chairscevichecaribbean seadive shopgolf cart
Reviewed March 22, 2012

A friend and I went to this resort on March 7th, 2012, and stayed for a week. During the trip we met up with other people to hang and have fun with. The resort itself is very nice, clean and well kept. The staff couldn't have been better. Exceptionally pleasant and always will to help in any way. Thanks, Sheldon and the rest> I would definitely go back and recommend it to others. This is not the place to go if you want late night partying. Everything closes down pretty early and beings early the next day.

There was an issue on the karaoke night. Shortly after we arrived, the owner showed up and took over. Apparently, he was trying to impress some private investors. Needless to say, the fun was over for the rest of us. Nobody else was allowed to sing. So, we left.

Another problem we had was trying to get pricing for a scuba and snorkel excursion. Liz was VERY helpful (thanks, Liz) However, as much as she tried to help, it took her 4 days to get an answer for us as her manager was never available to confirm the information and pricing. By the time we got an answer it wasn't worth spending all that money. We ended up booking through an outside company in town.

Internet access is outrageous. You may purchase 30 mins, 1 day or the whole week. If you want people to spread the word and show their friends on Facebook, Twitter and such, give the first 30 minutes for free. It's free advertising.

This is an eco friendly resort. They change the bed sheets every 3 days. (you can ask for new ones daily if you wish) The towels are crunchy. Clearly, they are dried outside. Not fluffy but not bad either. Can be rough on the sunburn.... I found out the hard way. Also, the little bottles of shampoo are supposed to last a long time. Bring your own.

If you are traveling on Sunwing from Canada, BEWARE! Your carry-on luggage has a weight limit. If over, you will be asked to move items to your checked luggage. Then, if that's over weight, they will charge you. Makes absolutely no sense since once you go past security you can buy whatever you want in the shops and weigh down your carry-on as much as you want. Plus, on the way back they don't weigh your luggage. Scam?!?

Over all, The Placencia Hotel and Resort is a VERY nice place. Of all places I've been, it's the first I would go back to. The good definitely outweighs the bad. As long as the prices don't go any higher I would consider it a good deal.

Room Tip: You can choose from hotel style rooms, mini kitchens or full apartments. Be specific as to what you would like when you book. The sea view and sea side rooms are the nicer ones.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bj W
Julia291977, Manager at The Placencia Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2012

Thanks for mentioning that the resort is very nice and well kept. Sheldon and the rest of our staff would like to say they sure enjoyed having all of you here. Liz too remembers you. I am happy that after all your experience you still consider The Placencia Hotel a very nice place.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Just got back from the Placencia Hotel and all I can think about is going back! The resort is tucked away in a beautiful private area ... but still very close to the city and local restaurants. Our room was beautiful - master suite- large balcony overlooking the pool. Much to my surprise, I slept like a baby my first night there! Woken up early every morning to enjoy the most amazing sunrise I have ever experienced! There is a small gym - with all of the essentials. If you like to play tennis...don't forget to bring your rackets(or rent them there)! There's also an organic garden that you can stroll through. If you like to get a little color then you will love the large beautiful pool with a built in bar next to it - just don't forget your sunscreen! The staff at the Placencia Hotel are all very friendly and quick to help out with any request. All of the drinks are yummy, the blackened fish sandwich is to die for...and the margarita pizza was great too! It was my first time in Belize however, I am hoping it will not be my last!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked good to me!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zahra A

The Managemet and staff would like to thak you for taking out your time to write about your experience at The Placencia Hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and yes I must agree the sunrise is beautiful at this time of the year. We would love to have you back again.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Belize is quickly turning into a regular getaway for our family! The Placencia Hotel is the most comfortable and friendly place to stay on the peninsula. You can spend your whole trip right at the the resort enjoying the pool, fine food, friendly staff and the many excursions to places around the country. Or if you prefer, the Placencia Hotel is a great base to go exploring!
If your prefer a Cancun party trip, Placencia is not the best place for you. However, if you want to unwind, decompress, have all the comforts of home and more in a safe friendly environment... then Belize and the Placencia Hotel is as good as it gets anywhere in the world!
Enjoy your time is this wonderful country.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great with great views. Certainly waking up each morning looking at the pool or the water is a great way to go!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Pete L
Julia291977, Manager at The Placencia Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

The Management and Staff really appreciate your comments about our hotel. It is also interesting about getting down here through Cancun.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

I was there the week of Mach 1 to 9.
I dont know what else I can add to all those good reviews out there, everybody is good and everything is so neat.
I paid the difference to upgrade the room...and I got an apartment, with a great kitchen and dining room right on the beach, see pictures. It was very well worth paying for it, great location!

For those only considering staying on the beach and relax...you might want to skip my review, not for you.
I traveled a lot around the country, you name a place I was there, I rented a car from Barefoot Rentals (book ahead) the first day and I returned on my way back to the airport.
I ever took a two days trip, on my own, to San Ignacio and Guatemala, spent the night in San Ignacio and the hotel gave me food for two days! Just ask for a cooler and they will have it ready and packed for you with food and even beer at the reception next morning.

The only word of advise is, if you are taking a lot of trips, rent a car, it is way cheaper. If you want to go, lets say to Monkey River reservation, the trip will cost you $100 US, the local guides will ask for $45 to $50
The trip at any ruins is never less than $100 through the hotel, the entrance at the ruins is $5 US, but you have to get there.
Scuba diving is expensive, and not remarkable, I suggest you pass it. It is $135 for two modest dives and $100 for snorkeling. and long boat rides, dont even think of the Blue Hole.
Expensive and far. it is a two days trip.
Another reason to rent a car, a lot of people have done that, is going to the village. It is very nice and very good food. I suggest Omar's for food, fresh fish and cheap. I ate out a lot, never paid more that $10-$15 for a good dinner anywhere.
Caracol ruins are spectacular...but is is a rough ride in through the jungle. About 38 miles on a bumpy road, you need a full day for that trip. Hotel doesnt offer it, they will advise you to go to San Ignacio and book a trip from there. Again, if you have your car it is worth doing it, if you are into Maya ruins.
The same for Tikal, Guatemala, awesome experience, but you need two days, one to get to the border, another one for the ruins and back. I loved it though.
Traffic on the rods is a breeze, no traffic, no cops, only friendly drivers and people, dont be afraid to stop and ask for directions and other info, what a great country. I traveled a lot, this is where I felt most comfortable touring and exploring places.
I fully recommend this place and country to everybody!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
10  Thank Aqua_Uomo
Julia291977, Manager at The Placencia Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

HAVENLY PLACE
The Management and Staff are really pleased with your positive review. I am very impressed with your travelling skills and yes our country is great to see. Most of all I would like to thank you for putting up such lovely photos of our hotel.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We were at the Placencia from January 25- February 1 with all our Canadian friends who flew in with Sunwing.

Left Toronto with a group of Sunwing people, some going to Cancun and others to Placencia . It takes close to 12 hours travel time from beginning to end but it is well worth it. Flew to Cancun, stayed on plane for close to an hour , then onto Belize City which is a 45 minute flight. In Belize City we had to go through customs which was quick and picked up our luggage. Had to walk out of the main terminal and around the corner was the desk for Mayan Air. Plenty of time to change here and grab a drink before hopping on the 10 seater Sessna. There were 5 flights and they had us very orgainzed. NOTE... Grab some snacks at the airport as it will be your last chance unless you go into Placencia later on your trip.

Arrived in Placencia, very small but clean airport. Waited for the bus to get our luggage and then we were off. Most of us were getting tired so when we arrived and they welcomed us with a cold rum punch, it was perfect. Check in was quick. Our friends were upgraded to a king suite...beautiful. We were in a seaview room close to the kitchen and front desk. Our other friends were ok with theirs but I did ask for another room the next day. We were then placed on the 3 rd floor in the condo section. Much newer and the view was awesome. Water and coffee left everyday. If they missed, just ask and it was there within 15 minutes.

The pool was terrific. Yes it is a saltwater pool that could be cool but it was so refreshing on the hot hot days. The sunloungers were very well padded and the best we have ever had. The pool was kept very clean. The pool bar opened around 9:30 til around 6 pm. Music wasn't crazy loud but the drinks and the bartenders ( thanks Elda, Sheldon ,John and Oscar) were great. Try the horney monkeys, blue hawiians and the dirty monkey's were great along with the local beer (Beliken). Yes if you want booze that is not local it will be charged to your room. Really people , local booze was just fine. Snacks are available at the pool in the morning and afternoon but it does go quickly and is not always hot. Towels are available at the pool also. We only got bit the last day by the no-seeums. Just bring bug spray and anti-itch cream.

The beach is raked and cleaned twice a day. However , very few ventured in because it was milky brown and not inviting. A few people who spent the day at the beach did get bit by the sand fleas. We did take the canoes out and paddled around the rock breakwall. Some people did snorkel farther out near these breakwalls. Due to the average age of most of the Canadians the being around 45 or older it wasn't a crazy place. Which was fine with us.

The food was pretty good. There was always a choice and we felt the food got better everyday we were there. We did mention to one of the staff that the food was cool to cold and the next day it was kept hotter. Every meal is out on the pier and yes the breeze does cool the food down. Sometimes they would run out of food and we just asked for more and within 10 minutes we had it. Don"t forget it had to be brought out onto the pier from the kitchen. It takes time and just relax! Have a drink! The bar on the pier does shut down around 9:30 or so. The ala carte wasn't the best. Same menu for the 2 dinners you are allowed to book. We did order a cake for my husbands birthday and it was brought to the beach one night . Also a few people asked for a small lunch to take on some of their travels off the resort and they were worried about the local food. No problem from the staff regarding this. You won't starve. NOTE:there is no place on the resort or near the resort to buy munchies so go to town early in your stay, do without or buy at the airport.

Staff... We couldn' t say enough about the staff. They never expected a tip and the Belizan people are the most friendly quiet and helpful people. And they speak English!!! We were very impressed with all the staff in the the resort. Let the staff know of a problem, they can't fix it if they don't know .

Safety...there are security around the resort day and night. At night they patrol the beach and we all felt very safe. There are also safe's in each room which could hold a lot of valuables.

Excursions...some of us went on the Monkey River tour from the resort. Meal was good but not a lot of wildlife. Guides were awesome. You can get the tours from town and cheaper but you have to get to town as the are no shuttles from the resort. But ask around and see what can be arranged. We also did the all day Mayan Ruins tour. It is a very long day but enjoyable.
We had arranged to snorkel with a tour from town but the water got too rough. Next time we hope as others did go and said it was fantastic. We did take the local bus into town one afternoon. Cost a dollar and it was quite an experience.

Pros.... Clean resort, friendly staff, pool, food, drinks, small group of Canadians that we all got to know, quiet resort and the people of Belize are fantastic.

Cons...travel time, no shuttle service to town for guests, no gift shop, limited swimming and snorkeling from beach.

We loved the small resort atmosphere. There was very little construction while were there, so it was not noisy. Bring school supplies for the kids in the nearby villages. Very much needed and appreciated.

Sunwing was our biggest issue. They changed our dates, with no compensation, told us internet was free with a seaview ( still dealing with this) we paid 50 dollars for the week. Signal was good near the front desk and bar. We did use face-time and Skype.

Would we go again...for sure but stay 2 weeks as 2 days are travelling days. In summary, this was a very enjoyable trip.

• Stayed: January 2012
5  Thank wamcod

Wow What a Week.
Management and Staff are very pround we played a small role in making your week enjoyable.