The Placencia Hotel and Residences
US$170
  • Breakfast included
US$150
US$130
Paradise Vacation Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$139
Turtle Inn(Placencia)
US$339
  • Breakfast included
Maya Beach Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$169
  • Pool
Singing Sands Inn(Placencia)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspool barfrench chefkaraoke nightfishin towntennis courtsmaster suitehuge poolresort is beautifulgrounds are well maintainedlounge chairscevichecaribbean seadive shopgolf cartpierlaurent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We recently returned from an amazing family vacation in Belize and all I can say is WOW!!

At the recommendation of friends, we stayed at The Placencia Hotel, and it was perfect. The resort is absolutely beautiful and makes an ideal “home base” – whether you’re relaxing by the pool or taking daily excursions (as we did).

The grounds are beautifully maintained and our accommodations were terrific (two bedrooms with a centrally located kitchen). And everything you would want is right there – a great pool, beautiful beach, wonderful dining pier/bar, tennis courts, and bicycles for short rides. In addition, the staff was extremely helpful in arranging daily trips – we went snorkeling, took a jungle trip to Monkey River and went hiking to a remote waterfall. Simply amazing!!

If you’ve never been to Belize or The Placencia Hotel before, put it on your list!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pds_travels
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The first night we were welcomed for dinner down on the pier and discovered that it was really the ONLY place that we were able to eat. They had a chicken, beef, fish, one of rice/pasta/potato selection, buffet style every night. Breakfast and lunch were served in the same place in the same style. The marketing materials say 3 restaurants, this is just not true.
f you are all inclusive there is one where you order a la carte twice, and then every other meal is buffet. The all you can drink is only Belize liquor (moonshine) or beer.
We went for one of our two a la carte meals the day after we arrived and my husband got sick (likely from the lettuce) and was sick for the rest of the trip. He ate nothing but bread and bottled water for the remainder of our trip. And when we ordered him chicken soup, it was too strong boivril stock that he couldn't eat - and they wanted to charge him more than $10 for it!
The water is dirty due to construction and you can NOT swim in the water in the resort, so it's the pool or you have to take the trip into town to be able to swim in the ocean.
It is beautiful, but they promised way more than they delivered.
This was a HUGE disappointment of a trip for us.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DDToronto99
Julia291977, Manager at The Placencia Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

I would like to thank you for taking out the time to write this review. It is unfortunate thst your husband got sick while you were traveling. I remember your stay here and I remember the Front Desk supervisor offering assistance. Again I humbly apologize if the Front Desk was charging you anything for the soup your husband received especially since you were on an all inclusive package and you were not suppose to be paying for food and drinks.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

A friend and I went to this resort on March 7th, 2012, and stayed for a week. During the trip we met up with other people to hang and have fun with. The resort itself is very nice, clean and well kept. The staff couldn't have been better. Exceptionally pleasant and always will to help in any way. Thanks, Sheldon and the rest> I would definitely go back and recommend it to others. This is not the place to go if you want late night partying. Everything closes down pretty early and beings early the next day.

There was an issue on the karaoke night. Shortly after we arrived, the owner showed up and took over. Apparently, he was trying to impress some private investors. Needless to say, the fun was over for the rest of us. Nobody else was allowed to sing. So, we left.

Another problem we had was trying to get pricing for a scuba and snorkel excursion. Liz was VERY helpful (thanks, Liz) However, as much as she tried to help, it took her 4 days to get an answer for us as her manager was never available to confirm the information and pricing. By the time we got an answer it wasn't worth spending all that money. We ended up booking through an outside company in town.

Internet access is outrageous. You may purchase 30 mins, 1 day or the whole week. If you want people to spread the word and show their friends on Facebook, Twitter and such, give the first 30 minutes for free. It's free advertising.

This is an eco friendly resort. They change the bed sheets every 3 days. (you can ask for new ones daily if you wish) The towels are crunchy. Clearly, they are dried outside. Not fluffy but not bad either. Can be rough on the sunburn.... I found out the hard way. Also, the little bottles of shampoo are supposed to last a long time. Bring your own.

If you are traveling on Sunwing from Canada, BEWARE! Your carry-on luggage has a weight limit. If over, you will be asked to move items to your checked luggage. Then, if that's over weight, they will charge you. Makes absolutely no sense since once you go past security you can buy whatever you want in the shops and weigh down your carry-on as much as you want. Plus, on the way back they don't weigh your luggage. Scam?!?

Over all, The Placencia Hotel and Resort is a VERY nice place. Of all places I've been, it's the first I would go back to. The good definitely outweighs the bad. As long as the prices don't go any higher I would consider it a good deal.

Room Tip: You can choose from hotel style rooms, mini kitchens or full apartments. Be specific as to what you would like when you book. The sea view and sea side rooms are the nicer ones.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bj W
Julia291977, Manager at The Placencia Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Thanks for mentioning that the resort is very nice and well kept. Sheldon and the rest of our staff would like to say they sure enjoyed having all of you here. Liz too remembers you. I am happy that after all your experience you still consider The Placencia Hotel a very nice place.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Just got back from the Placencia Hotel and all I can think about is going back! The resort is tucked away in a beautiful private area ... but still very close to the city and local restaurants. Our room was beautiful - master suite- large balcony overlooking the pool. Much to my surprise, I slept like a baby my first night there! Woken up early every morning to enjoy the most amazing sunrise I have ever experienced! There is a small gym - with all of the essentials. If you like to play tennis...don't forget to bring your rackets(or rent them there)! There's also an organic garden that you can stroll through. If you like to get a little color then you will love the large beautiful pool with a built in bar next to it - just don't forget your sunscreen! The staff at the Placencia Hotel are all very friendly and quick to help out with any request. All of the drinks are yummy, the blackened fish sandwich is to die for...and the margarita pizza was great too! It was my first time in Belize however, I am hoping it will not be my last!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked good to me!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zahra A

The Managemet and staff would like to thak you for taking out your time to write about your experience at The Placencia Hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and yes I must agree the sunrise is beautiful at this time of the year. We would love to have you back again.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Belize is quickly turning into a regular getaway for our family! The Placencia Hotel is the most comfortable and friendly place to stay on the peninsula. You can spend your whole trip right at the the resort enjoying the pool, fine food, friendly staff and the many excursions to places around the country. Or if you prefer, the Placencia Hotel is a great base to go exploring!
If your prefer a Cancun party trip, Placencia is not the best place for you. However, if you want to unwind, decompress, have all the comforts of home and more in a safe friendly environment... then Belize and the Placencia Hotel is as good as it gets anywhere in the world!
Enjoy your time is this wonderful country.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great with great views. Certainly waking up each morning looking at the pool or the water is a great way to go!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Pete L
Julia291977, Manager at The Placencia Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

The Management and Staff really appreciate your comments about our hotel. It is also interesting about getting down here through Cancun.