“Paradise in Placencia”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Ponciana Villa

Check in...chill out
Peaceful kayaking
Right on the Placencia Lagoon
Beautiful hardwood floors throughout
Modern kitchen, granite counters, custom cabinetry
Lounge/dining area
King bed, air con room
Second bedroom, queen bed, air con, ceiling fan
Viewed from the lagoon
Private parking
Space for a hammock
Great views
Awesome sunsets
Where we live...
Fish off your own private dock
Relax!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Victor195...
Moscow, Russia
“Bad work of the manager.”
Reviewed May 30, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

I flew to Belize City from Atlanta. At the airport, I rented a car to travel around Belize. I wrote a letter to manager Melissa about my flight number and arrival time. I asked her to write me how to get to the villa and where to get the key to the villa. She wrote me a route from the airport to the villa and wrote that she would wait for me in the villa from 3 pm. My plane flew to Belize City on schedule. I arrived at the villa at 4:15 pm. Nobody here waited for me. The door was closed. I could not contact Melissa as the Internet connection was not available. I did not know the WiFi password in the villa. I asked my neighbors about Melissa, did she leave the keys to them. But they do not know anything and even set their dogs against me. TWO HOURS we tried to enter the villa. Only by chance, when we moved the mat at the door, we saw the key there. Manager Melissa came to our villa only through THREE DAYS. And she asked us: how are you?

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
31 May 2017
Thank you for your review, and I am sorry that you did not receive all the information sent..

Detailed instructions were provided on where I would meet you, and a request made to keep us informed if you were delayed. Unfortunately I was unable to wait beyond two hours for you. Email and texts were sent on where the keys were, and how to contact me. I revisited the house later that evening, and the following day before finding you at home. The neighbor did not set their dogs on you, they are enclosed on their private balcony.

I pride myself on providing excellent customer service, and have always met my guests on arrival, on departure and during their stay as required, and am always available by email or phone. I am sorry that I was unable to fulfill this initial meeting with you.
BeezNeez6...
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Paradise in Placencia”
Reviewed May 18, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

What a wonderful time we had staying in this well appointed house over looking the Maya Mountains and watching the sun set over the lagoon! Our family of five had more than enough room to enjoy our time here, whether it was the hammocks on the deck or fishing from the dock!
The air conditioning in the bedrooms were quiet and efficient, helping us to keep cool in the evening. The beach and the Caribbean Sea are a short walk away and there are plenty of restaurants with good food along the way. When you want a break from the beach you can always find a pool - especially the one at Belize Ocean Club!
Everyone is friendly and helpful and makes you feel right at home. We rented a car so we could see as much as possible.
Melissa was a fountain of information about the best places to go to satisfy our tourist needs, whether it was buying groceries, best eateries or best tourist destinations.
We will be back!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Private dock and hammocks on the deck to watch the sunset!
Friends getaway Older travelers
atouristV...
vancouver
“Great Place”
Reviewed March 12, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We stayed there for 10 days and it was perfect for us. Comfortable, clean and well stocked with lots of new towels, a couple of bikes (which we took everywhere) and an impressive water filter system. We appreciated the well equipped kitchen too as we liked to cook. The place has a full size stove and fridge! AC in the bedrooms was quiet and efficient plus there were lots of screened Windows to open to take advantage of the breeze. The views from the deck are serene and beautiful over the lagoon and the Maya Mountains. The new dock is a bonus and fun to fish off for snook and snapper. There is a grocery store, beach bar, and a few restaurants all within walking distance and it's cheap and easy to catch a bus to Placencia Village. We will definitely stay here again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hammocks on the deck! The general comfort of the house.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
MikeWilli...
London, United Kingdom
“Clean and tidy relaxing stay in quiet and relaxed Maya Beach”
Reviewed February 13, 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Melissa was very helpful and arranged this at short notice, and had us met at the airport. Located about 25minutes drive from Placencia Village, there are quite a few resorts and good eating places nearby, and a convenient supermarket nearby, so we wanted for nothing. We found that hiring a Golf Cart, or motor scooter or car was worthwhile to be able to get around. Belize Ocean Club nearby has a brilliant pool part of which is 50M so was great for lap swimming, which they were happy for me to use. Check in and check out all worked well and we would recommend this to others wanting to stay lagoon side rather than beach side.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Close proximity of local eating places
Liked least: I fell out of the hammocks too often hahah
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing