I'm actually writing this from the porch of our Cotton Tree cabana. Our experience has been fantastic so far. We have 1 day remaining of a 4 day stay. If you get bored here, you are an idiot. So much to do, either by yourself (you can swim, kayak, horseback ride, hike, drink) or with a guide (their free daily adventures are a blast - their tours are great, and I normally hate organized tours, but the local guides are intelligent and knowledgeable, and a lot of fun). The meals have ranged from great to average. If you hate bugs, just stay home. You are going to encounter them. Perhaps quite a few. Perhaps some creepy ones. It's the damn jungle, deal with it and enjoy it. The cabanas are gorgeous. They are bug "repellent" but not bug "proof". The river is fantastic for kayaking and fishing. Do the all inclusive with meals because you really don't have any other option. The guests you find at a place like this are as unique as the setting, and that is half the fun. You can arrange for more exotic outings too. The staff is friendly and extremely professional. Becca did a great job of responding to our ever-changing arrival schedule (the dang airlines). For all the jungle around, the biting varieties were really quite tame (it's March and I've yet to spray on any bug dope). Honestly, this place is really fun. Oh, you will here stories about the monkeys. They can be loud at weird times, but most of the time they sound like some weird barking dog. They do it for 15 or 20 minutes and settle down. Adds to the coolness factor if you ask me, I actually wish the were a little more active!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our eco-lodge is hidden between the Moho River, the rain forest, and Mayan villages in southern Belize. Stay in beautiful thatch cabanas with private bathrooms and verandas. Enjoy delicious cuisine prepared with organic produce from our garden. Try kayaking, birding, swimming, and horseback riding on the grounds. Connect with the people and culture of Belize on daily tours to villages, Mayan ruins, cacao farms, caves, waterfalls, and more. Or simply relax in a hammock all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Travelocity.ca, HRS, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Cotton Tree Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotton Tree Hotel Punta Gorda
- Cotton Tree Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda