“Oasis in Guatemala City x2”

La Inmaculada Hotel
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Guatemala City
Los Angeles, California
“Oasis in Guatemala City x2”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

After two months in Guatemala, and MANY "Guatemalan" experiences, I really needed this place, thanks tripadvisor! La Inmaculada Hotel is clean, beautiful, the staff is fantastic, they have hot water (LOL), and it's near the mall (and food court). It is a small boutique hotel tucked in a central location to wherever you are heading, including the airport. They even offer free transport to the airport, which is great. I understand the owner is German, hence the "European" feel to it. The staff has been well trained in how to deal with international travelers. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at La Inmaculada Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Thanks for taking the time for writing a review.
We are so happy that you found what you were looking for in our hotel and that we matched your expectations.Our oasis is waiting for you anytime you decide to come back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We choosed La Inmaculada Hotel as a start and end point of our Guatemala/Belize round trip and it was perfect! Very modern hotel with only a few very clean, quiet rooms facing a small garden - and all that right in the heart of Guatemala City (Zona 10) with a lot of restaurants and shopping malls in walking distance. Staff is very obliging and friendly, the choice of coffee included was great- best coffee we had in Guatemala! Safe transfer from and to the airport was arranged perfectly by the hotel without extra charge.That made it perfect for us!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Diego E, Gerente at La Inmaculada Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for your comments we feel honored that you had a perfect stay.
We hope to see you back soon.
Reviewed 24 April 2012

La Inmaculada pefectly suits my travel needs, as I am here for the second time with many future visits to come. The hotel is a fantastic, affordable alternative to the typical stagnant chain hotels. It is quiet, safe, squeaky clean, and is centrally located. Windows open to the outside in order to enjoy the fresh air. WiFi is free and flawlessly reliable. The airport shuttle is free and punctual. Customer service from everyone on the staff is excellent, particularly Luis in the restaurant, who remembered my name and my dining preferences. The food is fresh and made to order - top notch. You can't go wrong choosing La Inmaculada - just make sure you leave one room available for my next trip to Guatemala City.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank eebab
Diego E, Director General at La Inmaculada Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for you comments. We are so glad to have you as a repeat guest. We'll make sure to keep the property and the service consistent towards your needs. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for staying at La Inmaculada.
Florida
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Having stayed in many Latin America hotels, I was very pleased to find this little gem. It's a boutique hotel that feels very European - so much so that I forgot I was in a 3rd world country and brushed my teeth with the tap water (don't do that you're from the U.S.). There is an open air restaurant with outdoor seating in a serene courtyard. Service and housekeeping are impeccable and most speak English if you don't speak Spanish. Safety is not an issue - the hotel locks a gate after dark and there is a 24 hour guard. I slept with my balcony door open and never felt unsafe.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Diego E, General Manager at La Inmaculada Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your comments. We will continue to work hard to guarantee an impeccable experience. Hope to see you soon.
ft lauderdale
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I read the reviews before I booked my stay, and everyone was spot on. The hotel lives up to the name. It is a gem and located within walking distance of everything from a casino, to a variety of restaurants, and nightclubs. The first thing that is obvious is how exceptionally clean and beautiful the hotel is maintained. They were literally cleaning nonstop. I had a chance to meet the owner, Diego, and he was very friendly and gave us great suggestions on where to go. The entire staff was always smiling and very friendly and attentive. I would without question recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Guatemala. The hotel is very secure, they offer unlimited internet, free shuttle service to and from the airport, and a nice complimentary continental breakfast. It really is a no brainer. I want to say thanks to everyone for making this a memorable vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank james b
Diego E, General Manager at La Inmaculada Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
On behalf of La Inmaculada team we thank you for your feedback.
Your comments make us work hard each day to guarantee consumer satisfaction.
Hope to see you back soon.
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I was in Guatemala City for work and couldn't find room at the usual places my work puts us. This was a GREAT find. I loved the ambiance, the staff were extremely pleasant, the amenities were great, and their signature delivery of perfectly-made coffee drink in the AM got my day off to the perfect start. I even held meetings in their business center and everyone mentioned how nice the space and service was. My only complaint is the size of the rooms. I do yoga in my room when I travel and there wasn't enough room for more than a downward facing dog, and there is no gyn. But since the location is so nice, you can always do some laps around the neighborhood for exercise. I had breakfast there twice, the complimentary breakfast isn't anything more than toast, but the breakfasts I ordered were fantastic.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a bit small and rooms in the front can be a bit noisy in the AM
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank ARA20011
Diego E, General Manager at La Inmaculada Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback, we love that you loved our place!! Please contact us via phone, website or email (reservas@inmaculadahotel.com) for future stays to find a room that best fits your needs. All our rooms are different and upon availability will try to find the best choice for you. Hope to see you back soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This was our first trip to Guatemala, and we only spent the last night in Guatemala City. I found La Inmaculada Hotel through a Google search, was charmed by the website, and was equally charmed by the real thing the moment we pulled up in the taxi. Everything is pristine, and, as described on their website, "...all the rooms surround a beautiful garden that inspires peace and tranquility to our guests."

The staff is friendly, efficient, and eager to help, yet in a quiet, non-invasive way. It's an easy and safe walk to anything in Zone 10, particularly Oakland Mall.

If you like intimacy, Mid-Century Modern design, Scandinavian minimalism, and Japanese gardens, you will love La Inmaculada Hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 12, an upstairs room with windows facing the patio garden between the two building...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Ken B
Diego E, Gerente at La Inmaculada Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for your review. On behalf of the Inmaculada team we thank you for your business and hope to see you back soon.