“Convenient, works well for short stays”
Review of Hotel Las Americas

Hotel Las Americas
Ranked #4 of 59 Guatemala City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2016

I got a "single" room which was huge! The staff is very nice and the breakfast buffet (included in the night fare) is wonderful. Other than breakfast the food I had was good ok nothing special.
They have a very nice gym with an amusing view on the airport! There is also a pool and a SPA but I did not get to try it.
The staff is very friendly.
The downside of the hotel is that its a bit old and the decoration is not very nice.
It was a very good place to stay for a few nights. Very close to the airport with free shuttle!

Room Tip: If possible don't get the room facing the road.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicolas D
Crowneguatemala, Director of Sales at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Dear Guest, we appreciate your comments and your choice-
Is nice to know that your stay was confortable and we made feel like home.

I hope you can visit us again.

in a few months we are beginning the renovation of our hotel .

Reviewed 16 May 2016

Rooms are just average, property is quite old which needs renovation. Staff is not courteous at all. I booked hotel for 11 nights but suddenly due to some urgent work, i have to vacate it after 8th night and have to travel somewhere else. Even on telling them 2 days advance they charged me for entire 11 nights. To a surprise even on charging me 3 nights extra, they charged my credit card double the applicable amount.
Till then i am following up with them for reversal of extra amount, but they are not ready to listen..
It was really a pathetic experience.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Crowneguatemala, Director of Sales at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Dear Guest, our intention was not to cause any inconvenience, but we adhere to the cancellation policies agreed with the agency where you made your reservation.

Reviewed 3 May 2016

We were part of a group of 14 that was traveling together through Guatemala. The staff, from the front desk, to bar, to restaurant servers, were very friendly. The bell boys helped us get to a restaurant downtown by driving us over in the hotel mini bus (for a tip) so we wouldn't have to call various taxis. They also picked us up when we called. That was very much appreciated! Also, the front desk prepared breakfast bags to go for our group when we had an early departure for the airport at 5:40, before the dining room was open for breakfast. Breakfast, by the way, is a lovely buffet with many choices. Even our vegans found enough food to eat. Another plus, the hotel is VERY close to a grocery store called Paiz. We recommend it for buying snacks and drinks for the room, and additional bottled water. Wifi signal was good in our first room (we stayed twice during a 9 day period) but not the second. Not sure why. I thought the beds were very comfy, especially for Guatemala. However, was sad we were not given a king-sized bed room as requested, but the hotel was very full with a convention. Perhaps that is why.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor both times and heard little to no street noise, even though we were on the...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Crowneguatemala, Director of Sales at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Dear Guest We appreciate your comments and everything about the preference for our services .

will be a pleasure to serve you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

I can not say I was impressed by the level of the hotel, but it's a very basic accommodation that could be good in Guatemala. Nothing special.

Pros
+ Breakfast buffet was good with omelette station
+ There is a pool
+ Casino in hotel

Cons
- Decor and building is old
- Shady bathroom

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Crowneguatemala, Director of Sales at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Dear Guest, we appreciate your comments about our services.
We hope you can visit us again as soon as you can.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Travelling as a single older woman this was such a secure hotel with world class vibes

I arrived midday on a shuttle bus from la Antigua, a 70 year old single travelling woman from Australia having stayed for a month with my daughter who had started a womens' Refuge.Porter got my 2 cases fom the roof of bus and stood by them inside Hotel whilst I checked in.
This Hotel was HEAVEN after the month in a tiny 200 pop village in one of the poorest countries in the world. No Glass in the windows, doors, No TV, Radio, Newspapers! in la Antigua. We have no idea how so many of the worlds' people live.
Unfortunately comfortable as it was , for me as an Artist, and world traveller because of my daughter, nothing said 'Guatemala', this hotel was for me luxurious but could have been in Sydney, perhaps that is the Chain ethos.Bit like other chains where one is familiar with the layout etc.

Desk staff were efficient and welcoming.Bags taken up to my room , every door, lift were keycard activated. Porter chatted about Australia (very extraordinary to come from so far away) and my name(Laurelle) which reminded him of a girlfriend from way back. He was beyond improvement! Restaurant was excellent . Service and Meal also.
Having gratis shuttle to the Airport at 6am was great bonus. Excellent hotel

Room Tip: I am totally geographically unfit to comment. It was night anyway and I left 6am do not care
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank laurelle415

Dear Guest, thank your for your comments.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I was traveling with a group of people in Guatemala recently. We spent two nights at the Hotel Crowne Plaza. It is very close to the airport in a nice area of the city. There is a boulevard with walking and running trails down the middle. The meals are good. The breakfast buffet is exceptional. The rooms were nice with very comfortable beds a TV two bottles of water provided as you shouldn't use the tap water for anything in Guatemala and a mini-fridge. The bathroom products were nice too. The one think I would suggest is they employ another wait staff or two on the weekends as the guys they had were running around very very busy. The restaurant is a bit on the pricey side, but the food is good. The pool is underwhelming. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for comfort and convenience near the airport in Guatemala City. The staff took great care of us and our group.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side of the airport may be a bit louder since you can hear planes taking off and la...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Crowneguatemala, Director of Sales at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Dear Guest, we appreciate your comments.
our principal goal is make feel you like at home.
Was a pleasure to serve you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 March 2016

We stayed there twice, because this hotel is close to the airport. They have a shuttle that only took 5 minutes at 4:30 a.m. Guatemala City has horrible traffic, so this location is a key attribute, in fact THE key attribute of this hotel. It is pretty ordinary for a Crowne Plaza. The lift lobby, for instance, is a spartan as a fire escape, with two fridge-sized ATMs taking up a lot of space. There is a casino. I didn't go in - I don't like casinos. The bar has four TVs going at once and a gaggle of lonely drinkers who look as if they wished they were somewhere else. The rooms are good ordinary standard for an international chain. The staff are very obliging, for instance making me a boxed breakfast for that pre-dawn departure.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Crowneguatemala, Director of Sales at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Dear guest , we appreciate your comments and above all the knowledge that has had the opportunity to stay twice.
Your comments are very important to continue reducing our areas of opportunity.
As for the Casino Hotel but does not correspond to a rented area .
We look forward to your visit again .