“Wonderful View Great Food”
Review of El Atitlan

El Atitlan
Ranked #68 of 97 Restaurants in Panajachel
Cuisines: Guatemalan
Description: I have photos
Description: I have photos
Reviewed February 10, 2017

This is one of the best places on the lake in Panajachel to watch the sun go down and relax. There is plenty of space and the food is as fresh as can be. The fish is dishes are a specialty of the restaurant and quite a local treat.

Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

The view was amazing! The food was pretty good but the cheeseburger for kids was terrible. I can't say I would go back. There was a dog that stayed nearby our table (we sat all the way in the back closest to the lake) and the employees didn't bother to get him out. Furthermore, the waiter barely checked in on us.

Reviewed July 9, 2016

Don't go.

Pros: Great view of the lake and the burger was pretty good.

Cons: dishonest wait staff (deliberately overcharged, was reluctant to give the bill at all), overpriced, uninterested service, and we were constantly distracted by merchants and stray dogs entering the restaurant.

Reviewed January 5, 2016 via mobile

Great view, I will never eat there again. Food is terrible, staff is slow, slow, slow.
No one appears to be in control. Hard to get s glass of water.

Reviewed January 5, 2016 via mobile

We were a party of three for breakfast. The waiter brought the bill: 195 Q. I gave him 200 and he came back with 5 Q change. Then I started adding it up in my head and realized it should not have been more than 150. I went back and asked to see the bill. He fidgeted and brought another bill, this one for 147 Q and he said this was the bill he originally gave me and that I'd told him the change from 200 was a tip. He then reached into his pocket and started counting out the correct change, first giving me back 32 Q, then when told the correct change was 53 Q, he gave me another 5. After telling him, no, this was not correct, he very reluctantly counted out the correct change from his pocket where he'd put it when he got the change from the cashier. This is the old bill switching trick I've encountered before down south. My fault: I should have looked at the first bill closely!