“Adorable, super comfortable home away from home”
other travellers have booked this property
Main King size en-suite bedroom
Cottage from the garden Plant filled comfotable cypress patio.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Cottage from the garden
Plant filled comfotable cypress patio.
Very well equipped open plan Kitchen and breakfast bar.
Graden Queen bedroom.
Twin bedroom
parking entrance from the quiet road
bathroom with high powered twin showers.
Ping pong, darts and parking area.
View from main car entrance.
garden view from the cypress patio
Santa Fe fire place
Living room
8 place dining table.
patio and front door.
Flyin over Lake Atitlan
View 3 mins walk from the cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Regina F
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Adorable, super comfortable home away from home”
Reviewed December 27, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

This lovely house, located in a quiet street within 5 minutes' walking distance from the beach and within 20 mins of Panajachel´s main street, was the perfect place for our family to stay. I particularly loved the second floor master bedroom, with a big, comfortable bed and two balconies where we could comfortably sit and read or chat for hours. We found Matthew, the owner, to be super friendly and helpful. The house was equipped with everything we could think of, including kitchen utensils, spices and condiments, books to read, very useful information on local services, etc. We loved it so much we definitely plan to return!

SJCPat
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
“Great Spot”
Reviewed September 24, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Matt was a wonderful host,communication with him was very easy and he provided great info. The house was perfect for what the family needed and well stocked. Will defiantly go back if we are in the area again.

Travelling group: Young Children
Large groups
Thank you. Hope to see you again soon. Matt
rivierabu...
Orange County
“Comfortable and nice location”
Reviewed March 30, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Stayed here mid March 2016 with my husband, parents,sister and auntie. Overall we found it to be a very comfortable stay.

When we arrived, there was no one there. Luckily we had phone access and I called the number that was provided to me. Upon entering, we enjoyed how green and lovely the yard is kept up. Lots of tall trees, grass, flowers. There was plenty of space for our van inside the property. The property is private and gated and we felt completely safe.

The inside was very clean and neat. The beds were comfortable and the showers working very well. The kitchen was well equipped to our needs. We enjoyed the tv and dvd's provided, the bikes that were provided, and the convenience of the washing machine. My father enjoyed the relaxing swing in the hammock, while we got massages done on site. Ask the owner for her info, shes great. The weather was great so we enjoyed setting up lunch outside in the patio. I like how there's a table and chairs out there.
My husband and I stayed upstairs in the master room. We had a nice balcony but upon arrival we noticed there were bats or bats nest there. We didn't want to make a big deal about it upon arrival but after the trip we realized how it would have been nice to have enjoyed the balcony but because the bats were there, we didn't feel comfortable. It was also hot at night and we would have liked to open up the windows or door but we were afraid the bats would come in. If you book and you see this, tell the owner get rid of the bats. The ceiling fan helped much though. There was no view of the lake.
The location is as described, few minute walk from the lake, near the cemetery.

Overall, my family was very satisfied and content with the home. Its nicer in person than the pictures. Everything seems to be well taken care of. Its definitely a place for small groups or family. Nothing fancy, just comfortable private and a relaxing place. It definitely lives up to its description and more. I recommend this place for family and small group gatherings.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the privacy of the property
Liked least: the bats that were on the balcony
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
6 Sep 2016
Thank you so much. We do always ask our guests to call or write to us to state an arrival time so that we can be waiting to meet guests and show them around. I live 2 minutes from this property and so does the cleaner / cook , Juana. So it's never any problem if you arrive without prior warning. The bats are now gone. We didn't want to kill them and they are good for keeping mosquitoes away. We put a net up after the babies flew away so that they couldn't nest again. We have a very warm down duvet, but now give guest the option of a cooler blanket. Hope you can return, regards Matt
hansondeb...
Ames, Iowa
“Comfortable, clean, well equipped cottage run by friendly, nice man named Matt”
Reviewed January 15, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

About a 5 minute walk from the lake or downtown. Easy access via 'tuk tuk' taxi's. A week included bedding change in mid week, use of a washing machine with a clothesline, room for 3 vehicles to park. Small but well maintained yard. House was clean and well maintained.

6 Sep 2016
Hi. We're so glad that you enjoyed the house. Hope you return soon. Matt
LorraineA...
Warrenton, Virginia
“You'll Love it!”
Reviewed June 21, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Traveling to foreign countries is always exciting but it can also be stressful when making plans for accommodations. Matt's home is welcoming, warm and cozy and had everything one could need. It was clean and beautifully decorated with large windows and Mayan art. The beds were comfy. The flowers in the garden were lovely. Tucked away outside Pana, the neighborhood seemed quite safe and everyone we passed was friendly.. It was only a 10 min. tuk tuk into town and a 5 minute walk to see the lake. The cemetery on the way is quite interesting. Matt has two bikes in good condition. The cell phone is such an extra special service to help guests communicate locally. We just loved the fireplace and the back patio with the awning even in the pouring rain. Our visit was too short and I want to bring my whole family back to this lovely home when visiting Lake Atitlan again. If you are trying to decide where to stay and reading this, Don't look any further, YOU'LL LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing your charming home on airbnb, Matt and family.

Liked best: The garden
People with pets
Thank you so much. Hope that you return soon. Matt
nahdeelop...
Detroit, Michigan
“This is it!! Look no further!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

I absolutely fell in love with this house!! It is hidden away, very private, secluded hideaway, BUT only 5 minute tuc-tuc ride to the hustle & bustle. Had every amenitie we could want, especially the WI-FI. Was very homey and welcoming. Jauna the cook & cleaning lady was amazing, best meal we had while in Pana. Jesus the gardner was very helpful, brought us water whenever we needed it and watered the garden and flowers everyday.

My one & only single complaint was my driver had a hard time finding the house.
My recommendation would be a house #.

Other than that everything was absolutely perfect.
Would love to return.

People with pets
7 Dec 2016
Thank you so much. We recommend our guests using our trusted drivers who know all the houses. I can send a detailed map to any guests who need it. Matt
kskells
Providence, Rhode Island
“Stay here to feel like a Panajachelean.”
Reviewed January 3, 2015 for a stay in November 2013

La Casa Solhana is a hidden gem that I am glad to have found while planning my trip to Panajachel. Upon my arrival to Pana I was able to find La Casa Solhana very easily since it can be found on Google maps. As I navigated the streets I began to worry how I was going to deal with parking since the streets were very busy and somewhat narrow than what I am accustomed to. When I reached the house I met Matt for the first time who is a tall slim very easy going fellow. He gave me the keys to his gorgeous property, and gave me and my girlfriend a quick tour. I told him about my worry of the streets as well as parking, but Matt explained that there were these motorized bikes called Tuc Tuc that ran into the high traffic area of Pana so that if I wanted I did not even have to take the car out. With that being said my mind was put at ease, and I found that riding Tucs (For a small amount of Quetzales) is probably the most convenient way to go around the local area anyway. After Matt left we brought our stuff inside what I had already felt was our home, and our three day R&R time began. The property left us without want it had a washing machine, a pretty much full kitchen, a Grill outside on the lawn, big comfy bed upstairs, a little table out near the lawn, fully furnished living room, cable t.v. as well as a beautiful looking fireplace all of which we used. The neighborhood was very quiet with a store, and torterilla within walking distance. The Lago was also about three minutes away walking distance. The locals are very friendly, and the area as a whole has an aura of peace, and tranquility. All in all Great location, Great house, Great time. I still find myself remembering the time I was a Panajachelean.
Thank You Matt for this awesome experience.

P.S. Matt, Sorry I could not photograph the whole house maybe next time. I hope you like the shots I did take, also Don't forget to ask Matt about the store on Calle Santander run by his wife you'll be sure to find something special there.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Location.
Liked least: That I did not stay longer.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing