All reviews top floor rooms are spacious the main square hot water central park microwave accommodations reception beds hostel xela
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here 5 times now. Three times in the last month. The hostal remains exceptionally well maintained. Great hot shower. Nice enclosed rooftop terrace where breakfast is served for 30Q. Charming common spaces where you can make a cup of tea, use the fridge, or read on the couch are a nice bonus. Good wi-fi. For my family there is a great little Hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
shidalgo050948, Owner at 7 Orejas Hostal, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Hi, thank you very much for your comment, for us is a pleasure to serve you and give you a good service.

Reviewed March 9, 2017

Clean, quiet, safe, friendly staff (although they don't speak English), 24 hour front desk allowing for night-time checkins/checkouts, very conveniently located close to the main square. Good wifi; free drinking water.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
shidalgo050948, General Manager at 7 Orejas Hostal, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2017

hi Anna, thank you for your review, de are very glad to serve you. Hace a nice trip!

Reviewed January 10, 2017

This hotel is located in the middle of Quetzaltenango and isn't very easy to find. It offers inside parking space. The temperature in this area can get quite low at nights so an extra blanket is advisable. For breakfast, there is a small dining room on the top floor of the hotel with a nice view over the city.

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed September 16, 2015

We had a great stay at 7 Orejas! We stayed over Independence Day weekend, when zona 1 of Xela becomes one huge party, and this place was close enough to walk to and from the center square, but far enough away to be nice and quiet; we had excellent sleep each night.

Beds were comfortable, room was clean, service was friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and affordable (as was the room!).

There was no parking available at the hostel itself, but the receptionist arranged affordable parking for me at a nearby parqueo. The owner of that parking even came to the hotel and rode with me to show me where it was.

The only annoying thing I can say about the hotel was that the front door is always locked, and someone has to be at reception to let you in. We left at 4:30am to go on a hike one morning, and we had to open the front door and reach through the locked gate to ring the doorbell in order to bring someone out to let us out! But that was only a minor inconvenience, and I suppose the security is a valid trade-off.

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed July 25, 2015 via mobile

We have been in Guatemala for 6 weeks and this hostel ranks among the best accommodations we have had here. The combination of charm and comfort for a decent price makes me very happy. For ~40$ U.S. for 3 people our room has 3 double beds and a private bathroom in very good condition. We get good wifi reception in our room. At the foot of each bed is a large wooden trunk for storing one's belongings. My whole travel backpack fit easily inside. Everything I've seen looks well maintained and tastefully decorated. We have paid double these prices to stay in unattractive and/or uncomfortable rooms and I've learned to really appreciate when I find both at a decent price. The location so far works well for us. It IS a ways from Central Park but only a block from a great bakery, a few restaurants, ice cream shops and a little park. In the evening the hostel halls are lit with candles. In addition the hostel has a couple of inviting common spaces including a little kitchen area with microwave, mini fridge, dishes and utensils for guests' use.

Date of stay: July 2015