“Fantastic Sushi you need to visit this place”

Bambu Sushi and Fusion
Ranked #29 of 223 Restaurants in Roatan
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Reviewed April 5, 2018

My wife and I just returned from our second trip to Roatan. We ate at Bamboo two times during our trip, and that was not enough! I have been eating Sushi regularly for about 25 years and I would rate this as one of the top three Sushi restaurants I have ever been to. There has only been a handful of times I have eaten Sushi without soy sauce (with a little washibi mixed in) and this was one of those times. There is no need for soy sauce or washibi. They don’t even serve you washibi on the plate, although I am sure it is available if you asked for it. The place is owned by a creative genius named Ben and he is an excellent chef.

I highly recommend the tropical roll; it was one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten. My wife does not like Sushi and she had the Orange Chicken, which she said was some of the best she has ever had.

I have also never been to a Sushi restaurant that has a dessert menu; but Bamboo has one. Our favorite desert was the tempura fried apple slices with caramel sauce, chocolate sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Another desert we enjoyed was the Nutella and peanut butter in an egg roll shell.

This place has a full bar, great service and a nice atmosphere. You need to make reservations because they are booked quickly. I highly recommend that you visit this restaurant more than once when you are in Roatan.

Ben e, Owner at Bambu Sushi and Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you..! Thank you.! . That was a great review. I'm grateful for the compliments.. G I'm very glad you enjoyed your visits. Looking forward for your next one. - Chef Ben

Reviewed March 21, 2018

As a resident of Vancouver, BC, Canada, where we have lots of sushi, I tend to have a pretty high standard for food. Bambu exceeded my expectations for sushi in Latin America, and turned out to be just as good as - if not better than - sushi fusion restaurants back home.

I ordered the Lion Fish Roll and Spicy Crab Roll. Both were delicious and very nicely presented. The service and atmosphere was also great. If you are looking for a unique and delicious meal, I really recommend Bambu. :-)

Reviewed March 6, 2018

We were greeted by the very kind wait staff. It is a little to dark in the restaurant for the evening to see the menu. The could have more lights. I had sushi and the other 3 in my group had other dishes. They were very happy with their meals. I enjoyed my sushi but did notices they were a little to generous on the sauces on the sushi, I enjoy the fish and don't need a lot of sauce. We are going back tomorrow evening and will give them another chance. It was very clean and enjoyable atmosphere.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

This restaurant was within walking distance of where we were staying, so we wanted to try the food one evening.
We opted for the "all you can eat" special deal, at $25 each. We started with miso soup, followed by a lionfish sushi and a crabcake sushi. Both were good, although the fish was cooked and everything was covered in a bit too much sauce. We then ordered a tempura shrimp sushi and a calamari sushi, but were instead given the wrong food (another lionfish and a scallop sushi). We noticed this after eating a couple of pieces, and were eventually given the right food as well. By this time we were getting rather full - the portions are a good size - so it spoiled the experience for us. All the food is good, but we've had better sushi elsewhere (in Canada) and there was too much sauce over the top. It makes it look pretty, but smothers the taste of the fish. Perhaps they have to cook everything for food safety reasons, but as we didn't order sashimi we'll never know. There are only a couple of sashimi options offered anyway.
The atmosphere is quite nice, if a little dark inside. The waiting staff were helpful and friendly and we enjoyed our meal, but can't really give it more than 3 stars as a sushi place.

Reviewed February 15, 2018

we had a great time at the bamboo.
great sushi and desserts, great service, good times. we ll be back!