“Great to learn from someone with such passion for the sport!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windsurfing School & Paddle Tennis - CLOSED

Windsurfing School & Paddle Tennis
More attraction details
Owner description: Windsurfing School specialized in the teaching of beginners and intermediate sailors.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Great to learn from someone with such passion for the sport!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My boyfriend and I traveled to Roatan while on a Celebrity cruise. I read the reviews about Mickey and his windsurfing school and figured it would be a great experience to learn together. It was very easy to book through email and Mickey gave us a suggestion for transportation as well. The instructions were very easy to follow. The taxi driver was pleasant, he didn't really talk much but answered all of our inquiries and was kind. Mickey was excited to see us even though he had spend the entire night awake taking care of his son. He talked to us about the sport and shared great stories about his experiences. We were both very excited to begin our lesson. Mickey started us on the sand and did a few drills before we headed for the water. It was SO nice to have just my boyfriend and I in the lesson because all the other excursions we were crammed in a bus or surrounded by other tourists caught up in the hustle and bustle. Mickey has a keen eye for the sport and can see exactly what you need to change. I found it extremely helpful that he constantly speaking because I have a bad habit of thinking too much so listening to him helped me to relax my mind and feel the changes in the wind. With all of his experience with teaching he knows the slight differences in stance and form related to your body type. He shared my excitement from my success and was a true sweetheart even through his dry sense of humor :). We had a great experience and it was truly one of our most memorable experiences on the trip. I would highly recommend this to couples, singles, young and old.

New York
7 attraction reviews
“Great teachers & Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Lorena & Micky were great! This was our first time windsurfing and it was raining. They made sure we are comfortable and took time to show us the right way to operate the board. The taxi driver, Martin, was knowledgeable of the area and waited for us at the port & after the lesson.

Montreal, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“fun and ....fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

fun to learn, fun to try and try again and finally fun to success. Thank you Mickey

Visited March 2012
Regina, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very patient teachers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Thank you to Micky and Lorena. We all had a great time learning to windsurf. I wasn't sure that the two 8 year olds would be able to get it, but because of your patience and dedication, they did. They loved it too!!. All of us are very excited to go back as soon as we can...miss you guys....

Minneapolis, MN
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Thanks to Micky, we can scratch windsurfing off the bucket list!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I had a great time in our windsurfing lesson with Micky. He is both an enthusiastic and patient teacher, and his sense of humor helps to keep the mood light. We feel we learned enough in our 3-hour lesson to return home and start practicing with our own equipment.

We arrived in Roatan via cruise ship and were picked up outside the cruise terminal. Note: there are two places where taxis pick people up. The first, and largest, is found about midway down the buildings outside the cruise ship. The second, smaller, is found by going all the way to the end of the buildings.

The ride to the windsurfing school takes about 20 minutes over decent roads. Once you arrive at the school, Micky will take you through some basic lessons on the sand before you get in the water. We took a 3-hour lesson, and by the end of the lesson we were able to windsurf at a beginner level.

If you’re looking for something different to do on Roatan, lessons with Micky are a nice option.

Recommendations: Wear sun screen and a rash guard for protection from the sun, and for warmth in the water. Bring a camera – the beach area around the school is beautiful!