Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
CheapTicketsUS$89
Orbitz.comUS$89
TripadvisorUS$89
Snaptravel
All reviews eco divers west end rooms were cleaned every day walking distance rooms are air conditioned beautiful bay minute walk glass bottom boat purified water dive shop favorite spot local vendors private beach restaurants and shops mini fridge ocean front great dive
Selected filters
Reviewed March 26, 2020 via mobile

We were lucky enough to get "stranded" at Half Moon Resort during the Corona virus pandemic. Believe me, being stuck here at this resort was perfect! The cabins were extremely clean, rustic and quaint. Breakfast was always delicious and overlooks the beautiful bay. Our beach was raked every morning and no visitors were allowed as it's a private beach, which was nice. It's close enough to town so you can walk everywhere but if you did need something, the staff was always willing to bend over backwards for us. And speaking of the great staff, every one of them was so nice, always had a smile and made us feel at home every minute of the day! When we were quarantined and asked to stay off the streets, the staff even went out of their way to drive around looking for different dining options for us! This is a place we can't wait to go back to! Thanks again to all of you at Half Moon Resort...we'll see you soon!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2020

We have stayed at Half Moon Resort twice, It is walking distance to West End where there are restaurants and shops. The resort also has a restaurant with good food. Service was good. We tried to book a third trip to Roatan ad it was booked. The rooms are comfortable but last time we were there the room, shower needed some repairs. The local vendors that walk through the grounds however were quite annoying especially the Massage lady. Rates were about $75 a night.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed January 24, 2020

Beautiful, quiet, and tucked away in a safe and cozy location. Wooden shiplap interior with ocean front balconies on a private beach. Absolutely serene. Extremely clean and bug free.

You are a very short walk to the main strip, with restaurants and shops and the hustle bustle of the crowds.

Renee and Matilda also run an on site restaurant and bar, and along with their staff they are extremely kind and accommodating. The on site bar/restaurant closes early, which is a bonus as there are no drunken shenanigans or noise.

You may here acceptable levels of chatter from the on site dive shop or restaurant patrons, but I assure you it is only during working hours and is never excessive.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ken k
Reviewed January 20, 2020

I stayed at Half Moon Resort for a full week as part of a SCUBA trip. I had a cabin to myself, right in front of the dock. The experience was sublime.

Before I go any farther, I want to emphasize this is a rustic resort. I had air conditioning, WiFi, coffee, refrigerator, and great service. But I wasn't pampered, nor did I want to be. Staying at the Half Moon is a few steps up from camping, but with amazing ambiance.

The food and drinks were excellent, made better by the attentive service. We SCUBA dived with Eco Divers (right on the property) and also snorkeled off the small beach. The West End is less than 5 minutes away on foot. Each night, I slept like a baby.

I highly recommend the Half Moon Resort and I will definitely be back!

Reviewed January 13, 2020

The LOCATION of Half Moon Resort can't be beat. It's right on the water of Half Moon Bay and all rooms have a waterfront view. It's easy walking distance to everything in West End but off the main street. Therefore it's quieter and peaceful so you can relax without the bustle of West End locations along the main street (which are also separated from the water by the road and public beach).

There are plenty of ACTIVITIES available right at the resort. You can snorkel from a centrally located access point with a few steps leading down to the water. Snorkeling there along the seagrass bottom you'll see a variety of life such as starfish, conch, tropical fish, and other marine animals. There's even a moray eel that lives under the dock next door! You can easily swim out to the iSoar (not eyesore) sailboat moored nearby, which has been retrofitted for recreation with a dive platforms and rock climbing footholds. (The kids we saw playing on it looked like they were having great fun.) Glass bottom boat tours leave from the resort's dock. And the Roatan Institute of Deepsea Exploration just next door is one of only two commercial operations in the world that offer the general public submarine expeditions that go to depths far beyond the 120 feet that can be reached by non-technical scuba diving or in tourist subs that take non-divers to the same depths that recreational divers can reach.

Best of all for scuba divers, there is great dive operator located onsite that offers 3-5 scheduled boat dives per day that depart right from the Half Moon Resort dock. Moreover, EcoDivers is not only eco-friendly -- e.g., they offer reef restoration dives and a program by which you can "pay with plastic" collected on one of their organized beach cleanups -- but it's economically friendly to your budget as well, offering a discount to divers staying at Half Moon Resort.

Other AMENITIES include a restaurant that serves both breakfast and lunch daily and offers free coffee and purified water (from a bubbler, not plastic bottles) to resort guests. It was so convenient we ate there once a day (alternating between breakfast and lunch) and every dish we tried was excellent. Showers are hot and all rooms are air-conditioned. For a small flat fee, you can have a mini-fridge added to your room (recommended). Reliable airport transfers can also be arranged at a reasonable cost. There's also a safe available at the desk for securely storing valuables such as extra cash, passports, etc.

Last but definitely not least, the SERVICE is terrific. Your hosts René and Matilda make sure you have everything you need. (René even loaned me a bottle opener for the week to use to open the beer I was keeping in my room fridge.) It's a family-run operation -- René is the son of the owner -- and they take pride in their business. All of the staff were friendly and helpful, especially Sean and Renny, the waiters in the restaurant, and Sherry who freshened our room daily and made sure we had water if we'd run out.

The only minor issue for me -- not a general complaint, I imagine -- was that the beds were a bit too soft for my liking as I'm used to a firmer mattress.

In sum, Half Moon Resort really delivers exceptional VALUE for the price. With it's great location, activities, amenities, and service (and with cushy beds being the only slight minus), I can enthusiastically give Half Moon Resort a five-star rating and highly recommend it to other travelers. Not surprisingly, several of the other guests while we were there are regulars. I will definitely stay there next time I'm in Roatan -- and I'm already looking forward to going back.

1  Thank explore961