“Awesome Caribbean food”

Ranked #55 of 228 Restaurants in Roatan
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate here when we recently visited Roatan...it was recommended by a local named Orlen, who was an extremely kind and helpful young man. The food and service was excellent..I highly recommend the fish cooked in coconut milk and the Monkey lala (like a mudslide) we loved Roatan and will definitely visit again!

1  Thank Whitney H

Reviewed November 15, 2017

This open-air restaurant is the real deal, and (for those on a cruise ship) it's within easy walking distance of the pier. The restaurant is on water's edge, visible from the pier but hidden if you're walking down the street; follow the sign on sidewalk. Great food, friendly service. So friendly that when I asked Bertie about how he prepared one of his dishes, he invited me into the kitchen to see his spices. Garlic shrimp, rice & beans, plantains were out of this world. Also suggest trying the mysterious clear hot sauce sitting on each table . . .. in moderation. While visiting Roatan, I can also highly recommend a private guide from Rony's Tours; this is a beautiful island that is working hard to grow it's tourism business and support its people. It's worth having a local show you around.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

My wife and I were recommended to Bertie's by his nephew and our cab driver (Frankie.) I am so glad we went there as the food was very good. My wife had the Lobster and I had the Grouper Filet. We also had Conch for an appetizer. All was excellent. Willie was our server and he was very attentive. He also gave us a taste of their Cashew wine. I don't believe I would try that again, but it was still fun trying something new.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

It will take a few minutes to get your food but that is because Bertie makes (Everything) from scratch when you order. The food is the Best Creole out side of my Grandmothers kitchen in Lake Charles LA.

1  Thank Lakehound
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Nice place to hang out, smooth internet, good atmosphere, beautiful view and awesome people to be around.
On the menu or not. But it's simply layed back restaurant.