“Beautiful park and fun Capuchin monkeys interaction.”
Review of Gumbalimba Park

and up
Customizeable Best Of Roatan Island Tour
Ranked #17 of 79 things to do in Roatan
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We received a private tour guide for just the two of us, which was nice. We saw iguanas and enjoyed crossing the rope bridge. They have capuchin monkeys that have been trained to leap onto the tourist's shoulders to receive a treat; fun experience and photo op. The other activities, like the zip line and the kayaks are optional purchases. Our only complaint is that the admission cost of $30 is overpriced. We had recently visited Dan Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Hang Out and got to experience the same monkey interaction as well as hold a sloth for only $10. Our guide was very friendly and knowledgeable.

1  Thank Eric G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)
All reviews
"sunflower seeds"
"perch"
"personal guide"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

personally, I do not like monkeys on me, or just watching iguanas. But some people liked it. Just not my thing

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a cruise excursion and while the monkeys and birds were amazing we were missing some information. Be aware that when you arrive you must rent a locker to put ALL your belongings in, so if you don't need to bring a bag don't. The next thing is there are wild bats in that small cave and they will be flying over your head. Lastly you are allowed to go back to see the monkeys after your tour is over. ENJOY!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited this park as a cruise excursion. We started the tour with seeing lizards, then a small cave, very small bug museum which was kind of boring but then we turn the corner and there he was !!!!! Oh my gosh! Best day ever. We got to see a SLOTH!!! He was only 4 yrs old and was the cutest thing ever. Next we got our pictures taken with these large beautiful birds and lastly, we got to interact with the monkeys as they sat on our heads. Such an amazing trip. After we left the park they took us to a private beach to relax before heading back to the cruise ship. While on the beach my husband and I snorkeled . It was the most beautiful reef I had ever seen. One for he books that is for sure. Amazing trip indeed. ❤️