Review Highlights
Great trip- will be back!

Amazing! I spent a week at Freedive Utila to do some fun training dives after finishing my... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Carlyn Z
Seattle, Washington
They helped me break through my mental barriers

I can definitely recommend this amazing free dive school, family, home away from home! I booked... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Jess M

All reviews free diving hold your breath human body snorkel session scuba tanks dive deeper safety aspects advanced courses perfect environment learning curve fellow students safe environment six days learn how underwater world big thanks tex
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Take home something that will be part of you forever.
Freediving may seem daunting, but you will realize that anyone can do it.
With an open mind and faith in your instructors you will find something amazing about yourself.

Date of experience: May 2012
1  Thank MarcWasHere
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I'm 60 years old and just took my first FreeDiving Course with Tex and Apnea Total Freediving....
Tex was so patient and instructive, and calm and I just love him! Without exerting any pressure or stress, he edges you down as far as your mind (and ears) will take you!

This course was more about how to breath and relax, how to help you get to mind over urges, how to float down a line and come back up smiling!

Safety, first aid in the water, SWB, Samba, physiology of free diving, all superior teachings with a very patient, calm and funny man! All that was the meat of the course., the dessert was the caring, the touch on your back as you come up, saying -- I'm right here and you're OK. relax
count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 11, 12, 13......

OK, I didn't get to 60 ft and through the Haliburton wheelhouse window, didn't really try, wasn't my aim. I did get to hang out and play on the reef, free diving in my limits with two world class free divers, Tex and Teo. Now how cool is that?

Date of experience: June 2012
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I live in Roatan and wanted to do my free diving course for years, luckyly Tex is coming over now once a month from Utila and I could finally take this course with him.
I had problems with my ears the first day but learnt eveything about breathing and myself that Tex teach you like nobody else. He is patience and make you understand things of your self that I never tought about it.
Second day I could go down to 15 m trying different techniques to equalize my ears and now I am hook up, I want to practice everytime I can and just waiting for him to take my advanced course next time, I am scuba instructor for more than 12 years now and the new world of silence, meditation I have discovered thanks to him is something more to love, thanks so much Tex!!!

Date of experience: April 2012
1  Thank blueskyRoatan
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I am a diving instructor in Roatan, so love the sea and never though that free diving was so easy and save. Last week I took the introductory course with Tex, the instructor of Apnea Total and loved it so much. An incredible experience that i really recommend to every body. Tex is amazing as instrutor , he made thing so easy that in my first dive I went to 40 ft in a very relax motion.
The 2 days course with the theory and sea diving, were perfect to now start to practise with my budy to be abble to take the advanced course..

Thank you very much Tex to introduce the free diving in my life.

Date of experience: April 2012
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I took the beginner freediving course at Gunter´s Marine in 2012 and it was a truly awesome experience. At the time, I had never dove deeper than one or two metres on snorkel trips but after the theory and practise, Tex coached me to dive 18 metres which was a massive achievement for me.

On top of the skills you learn, the safety instuction is quality and very thorough, which really helps to build the confidence you need for a sport like freediving. Apart from the freedive course, the Ecomarine jetty has a mellow vibe, and is the perfect place to hang out after a day in the water.

If you want to freedive in Honduras, Ecomarine is definitely the place to go!

Date of experience: January 2012