Review Highlights
Great trip- will be back!

Amazing! I spent a week at Freedive Utila to do some fun training dives after finishing my... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Carlyn Z
Seattle, Washington
They helped me break through my mental barriers

I can definitely recommend this amazing free dive school, family, home away from home! I booked... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Jess M

All reviews free diving hold your breath human body snorkel session scuba tanks dive deeper safety aspects advanced courses perfect environment learning curve fellow students safe environment six days learn how underwater world big thanks tex
Selected filters
Reviewed March 23, 2013

In a word Excellent! Very informative, professional, and all around great instructor. Thanks Tex for the great intro to free diving. Looking forward to beginning the advanced class. Great location for practice and good views of a nice wreck while in class only a couple minutes from dive school.

Date of experience: March 2013
1  Thank Hunter P
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Loved the group and had a one day intro course with the group. It was my first experience going down about 13 metres without a scuba tank and couldn't believe it! I will definitely do the full course if I return and have more time!

Date of experience: December 2012
1  Thank FrankY230
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We went to Utila to do our advanced scuba diving course and had a few days to spare afterwards so decided to do an Apnea course with Mark Rogers 'Tex' and Lisa Starchild. Free diving was the highlight of our trip! Got to 17m the first day and 27m the second... We dived the same wreck that we did our scuba course on without all the equipment. It was absolutely amazing! Tex and Lisa are exceptional instructors, they made us feel very comfortable and relaxed in the water. Highly recommended! So much easier than it seems!! (But don't tell anyone)

1  Thank kateo2GoldCoast
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Quite by chance I did the basic freedive course with Apnea Total Utila. Although I am a passionate scuba diver and love snorkelling, freediving was not on my 'to do' list until I meet Lisa our yoga instructor in Utila. Lisa, one of the freedive instructors, persuaded me to come out free diving. At first I was apprehensive but Tex's on shore instruction settled my nerves and with Lisa instructing me in the water I felt quite safe. The first day I managed only 12 metres but on the second 20 metres and a two minute dive! For me a fantastic achievement and one of my more memorable experiences. For anyone visiting Utila with a couple of days to spare I could definitely recommend this course. This is not just for the young fit kids, I am nearly 60!

Date of experience: January 2013
1  Thank 323David
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Wow! We saw a sign for Apnea Total Utila and decided it was worth a try. It's not until you learn about the science behind this sport that you realise how these amazing feats are possible. More importantly you realise that with the right training it's possible for most people. Tex and Lisa are two of the best teachers/instructors we've ever worked with in any sport, discipline or subject. Their approach, patience, knowledge and ability to help you discover the best in yourself make this an experience everyone should try. Rarely do we walk away with the feeling that something is worth every penny but Apnea Total Utila made us feel this way. Can't praise it enough.

Date of experience: January 2013