Review Highlights
Great trip- will be back!

Amazing! I spent a week at Freedive Utila to do some fun training dives after finishing my... read more

Reviewed May 29, 2024
Carlyn Z
Seattle, Washington
They helped me break through my mental barriers

I can definitely recommend this amazing free dive school, family, home away from home! I booked... read more

Reviewed May 17, 2024
Jess M

All reviews free diving hold your breath human body snorkel session scuba tanks dive deeper safety aspects advanced courses perfect environment learning curve fellow students safe environment six days learn how underwater world big thanks tex
Selected filters
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I am a dive master, surfer and work on boats and after taking this course I feel even more comfortable with being on, in or below the water. You truly gain a new relationship with yourself and the water! Tex is a great mentor!

Date of experience: January 2014
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I had my first ever free diving beginner course with Tex doing yoga and free diving 6 months ago, and I decided to come back to do me advanced course with Apnea Total Utila Mark Roger. Mark taught me several breathing techniques (abdominal, diaphragm, breath up).

Tex was not only thoroughly knowledgeable but he was so patient and stressed the importance of being calm and taking the time and listen to my body. He taught me the proper breathing techniques which are so integral to free diving. Tex is really professional and understanding and he always make you feel safe at the same time as he teach you how to improve your skills.

I'd strongly recommend Apnea Total Utila with Tex to anyone who's up to deeper understanding of diving and own inner processes (physiological and psychic), interested in experiencing the freedom of free diving, with a true professional instructor !

My Apnea journey has just begun. Thank You Tex, I was so lucky to find this place and You.

Date of experience: August 2013
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough about how awesome and worthwhile this class is. I only regret that I couldn't stay and do the advanced and free masters class. Tex is a patient and laid back instructor who cares deeply about the safety and fun of the sport for everyone. Highly recommend taking the class, you will be shocked at what you can do!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I wasn't planning on doing the free diving course during my time in Utila but had heard that it was a great course so I thought I would give it a try. Tex was very professional, flexible with our schedules, and very easy going. He made me feel safe in the water and taught us great techniques for getting the maximum amount of time under water and maximum breathhold. I had issues going down head first because my ears wouldn't equalize, so Tex worked with me going down feet first. I was surprised by how far I could go and how long I could hold my breath after only 2 days of instruction! I would definitely go back and take further courses!

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I never thought of doing free-diving, I always thought this is only a sport for people who grow up by the ocean like Australians/Hawaiis, but I am from mainland China and never got to spend much time in the ocean. However, I was totally wrong. Free-diving is for everybody!

I got to take the free diving course with David, He is super friendly, patient, responsible, on-time, reliable and interesting person! I had so much fun learning and talking with him. I am so amazed that the 2nd day of my course, I could already dive into 22meters with a 1min 40 sec breath, which I could never imagine!!

Do it! Definitely do the course! This is the cheapest and best place to learn free diving in the world, and I promise you will not regret at all!:)

Date of experience: October 2013