All reviewsair conrooms are cleantuk tukcookerappliancespropertiesapartmentbedroomudcfanswifipropertyisland
Reviewed January 7, 2018

Always very friendly and helpful staff. Clean apartments and nice surrounding gardens. Quieter part of town but still close to everything you need. Never any bug problems
Would absolutely recommend staying.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lupe W, Manager at Tropical Sunset Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Hey Jordan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us!! We are happy you choose us as your choice away from home every time you come. We will be seeing you very soon and are excited to show you the new updates we have done at Bando Beach.

Thank you again for reviewing us.

Regards,

Sea Eye Hotel Staff

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

I’m in Utila to complete some dive training, and deliberately sought out somewhere to stay that’s self contained and peaceful.

All parts of Utila are within walking distance and I have felt safe walking around the town during the day and the evening.

I have not regretted my choice of accommodation here in Utila. Being veggie, I cook a lot for myself and have enjoyed the freedom of being able to cook to my schedule and diet.

Ever since I started staying here, the management team of mother and daughter in law have been superb. When things break down, as they occasionally do on an Island environment in the middle of the ocean, they have been quick to respond. Nothing has been too much trouble.

The rooms are clean and equipped with air con, ceiling fans, tv, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, shower, WiFi, and cooker.

It’s all good news and good customer service as far as I can tell so far. I have already extended my stay here as I haven’t felt the need to move elsewhere.

Thank you Loupé and team. So far my stay here has been great.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Lupe W, Manager at Tropical Sunset Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Greetings Katrina,

We are so happy you choose our apartments as your "home away from home" as we are all quite fond of you. Thank you for your nice review, we really appreciate it. Of course we will always try to strive to make everyone's stay comfortable and thank you for being patient while we have fixed a few things here and there. Your absolutely right - things definitely do break down when living on a small island! (haha)

We hope you keep extending your stay as you will be sorely missed when your time with us is at an end but please remember you will always have a second family here to enjoy a mug of tea or to chat. I am sure we will see you soon and again thank you!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2017

First off let me say a bit about Utila .Utila is a Funky, unique and special place. Yes the diving is great, you can swim with Wale Sharks ,party to your hearts content or just chill out but it is the community of diverse,wonder and gracious people that make it what it is. There is nothing Posh about it,well maybe a few south shore resorts but that's not my world. I moved here 10'16 and it has far far exceeded my expectations to the point I now consider it home.
Now to the Tropical Sunset Hotel . It's just a GREAT place! The management and staff are fantastic. The apartments and rooms are tastefully and well appointed.If you're now reading this you've read all the other reviews and description of addition amenities so I won't go over them but I concur. I will add that the Bar at Bando Beach has become the spot for hanging out with the local mix of characters. Ryan, Pat and the crew take pride and joy in you never having an empty glass or beer.
Also TC can rustle up some good eats for you.Oh and the Angry Christmas Shots a must have.
Lastly a few minutes walk away is a bonefishing flat that I fish almost daily with excellent results as a bonus I now have a Moray Ell friend I call George who always comes by to greet me oh and the Spotted Eagle Ray that calls the flat home swims by not giving me a second look.
Well that's about it. Give Utila a try but I warn you it can be addictive.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lupe W, Owner at Tropical Sunset Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Greetings Duncan!!!

We can equally say that our favorite part of October 2016 was when you became a part of the Tropical Sunset Family! You have added greatly to this place we all call home and it wouldn't be the same without you.

Thank you so much for taking the time, not only to review us, but to go above and beyond in your accolade. From the sounds of it you are going to be around for quite a long time which will be exciting as you will get to see all of our new projects and future develepments take off full throttle.

We are glad you found "your piece of paradise" and we look forward to our next chat at Bando Beach.

Warm Regards (from your second family),

Vanessa, Lupe, Reba and Bando Beach Bar

Reviewed April 4, 2017

After exchanging numerous emails with a staff member and reviewing several different apartment options within the building (including pictures emailed to me by staff of each available unit), I paid a $100 USD deposit for Apartment C via Paypal. The pictures and description of Apartment C met my liking, and it was highly recommended by the staff member. This was largely due to the fact that it is an end unit; windows for natural lighting and ventilation, and a good-size patio. Prior to my arrival in Utila, I reconfirmed my booking and was assured all was taken care of. Upon my arrival at the facility however, I was informed that I would not be in Apartment C. When I reminded staff that I had made a reservation months in advance and paid a deposit accordingly, I was informed that the apartment available to me now was G. Staff did offer to pay for the Tuk Tuk (taxi) to show me another apartment in one of their other properties. I appreciated this gesture given the circumstances. I was informed, "Look, things happen here in Utila. The staff member should not have promised you Apartment C. You can have Apartment G, a unit in our other building, or you can go search the island on your own for something else." After considering my options, I elected to stay in Apartment G. Apartment G is a pretty large, spacious 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom unit. All appliances and amenities seemed to function properly. Berta and the house-keeping staff did an AMAZING job cleaning my place every week! The Apartment/bedroom is located directly over the restaurant kitchen, or very close to directly over. This provided smells of great food from time to time, but may have also added to heating of the bedroom. I elected to run the A/C in the bedroom, so a non-issue for me. The location is very quiet. 5 gallon purified water jugs are available at the front desk for a reasonable price. The on-site restaurant offers tasty food. The on-site bar is great, offering a great hangout location for UDC'ers and non-UDC'ers alike. Approximately a 5 minute walk to UDC and a 15 minute walk to Mango Inn where UDC conducts the bulk of it's IDC. I am very glad I stayed close to UDC, as the majority of my 2-months in Utila was spent at UDC. Staying at Tropical Sunset also gives you access to the nearby Bando Beach. My 3-star rating would have easily been a 4-star if not for the booking miscommunication. I would stay at this property again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Lupe W, Manager at Tropical Sunset Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Hey Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad you liked staying with us and I am happy to read that you had one negative experience vs your eleven positive you highlight in your rating.

Again sorry the only suitable option would have been to kick the person out of C to accommodate you. Thank you for being such a good sport about it as yes things to happen and in businesses all over the world that are beyond our control.

Safe travels,

Reviewed February 10, 2017

Was on a 5 week trip to Utila for some diving.
On my own for 3 of the weeks, and had a couple friends join me for weeks 2 & 4.
Apartment was perfectly suited, and just a couple minor maintenance items that were quickly addressed by the owners.
Would definitely recommend as a place to stay in Utila.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Hey DJ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, we greatly appreciate it! We try to solve any problem as fast as we can to make it as comfortable we can for our tenants. We are glad you will recommend in the future, hopefully you will come back to stay with us again, we would love to host you.

Cheers,