All reviews hot water budget hotel own bathroom friendly place to stay next morning street noise would stay here again beds wifi ruins mattress spanish
Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

On my recent trip to Copan, I stayed at this hotel everything was great, one block near from the central park, breakfast was pleasantly, the coffee was good it taste like chocolate, every evening drinking the delighting coffee and the bread made in the town so good .
the most important thing “the room was very clean and reasonable price. beautiful view from the rooftop. In Plus the Staff were so kind and helpful, I’m pretty thankful with the young man that helped me a lot with the tours and transportation on my way to guatemala to take my flight. I would definitely stay here again. Perfect to my budget. It was a pleasure and beautiful city!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at La Posada del Belssy for the duration of my second trip to Copan Ruinas. After my stay there I can truly say it was one of my favorite places to stay at when visiting copan. Lester (the manager) was more than helpful in accommodating my friends and I. Excellent food every morning, clean rooms when we returned to the hotel after exploring the town, and as always great times hanging out and talking on the roof beside the pool! I always enjoy the poolside sunsets at the end of the day! I visit copan frequently and from now on will continue to book my stays here at this Hotel! Highly recommend a visit here!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Reece A
Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

Excellent experience! I stayed here for 2 weeks and the food and coffee was amazing, clean room and accommodations. Lester was running the hotel and made sure we had a great stay at a good price. We had great laundry service, beautiful view from the hotel as well as a pool. Lester even picked me and my friends up from the bus station when we arrived in Copan and also brought us back to the bus station the morning of our departure. Truly excellent service that went above and beyond our expectations. We will be staying at this hotel again!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Josean C
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

The hostel is good but when I was there the family was away and the hostel was run by a young man called Lester and he tried to rip me off not only one but twice. I booked though booking.com and I got a price but this Lester tried to charge me double in the local currency.
The same with the transfer to El Tunco. It costed 40us and I could book it myself. To be nice, I let this Lester book it for me and he charged me again more in the local currency. I suppose he put the difference in this own pocket. This is very bad for the hostel which I will not recommend to my friends if this Lester continues to work there!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank margui9
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

The rooms are comfortable, but with terrible pillows. That is pretty normal for the price point. I slept well on the frim mattress. Having free and reliable wifi was pretty great. The free breakfast and coffee were tasty everyday. They were even quite nice about making me something other than frijoles since I happen to hate them. They do not accept credit card which I did find surprising. The pool was nice to dip in after a long, hot day of walking. The shower and hot water worked very well. For the price, this was pretty great. But it is a CA budget hotel, so you must expect fewer niceties. Oh and the people here were super nice and helpful.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo