All reviews family owned and run walking distance block ruins ensuite
Reviewed March 31, 2018

This charming hotel is immaculately kept with lots of character. I would much prefer a hotel like this over a Best Western or Marriott. The owners are on site, personable, friendly, and courteous. One speaks only Spanish; her daughter speaks English well. WiFi was fast and accessible in the common area as well as in our room. We ate breakfast early, so unfortunately, orange juice wasn't yet available, but the rest of the breakfast was delicious. The rooms are well-equipped and mattresses good quality. This was a very good value. I would highly recommend this place. Although close to the market, it was very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this small BnB hotel for a trip to the Copan ruins. The hotel is immaculate and is about one block from the town square. It is family owned and run by two,pretty sisters and their parents who will do their best to make your stay enjoyable. There is a courtyard bar and small restaurant with fresh cooked meals (limited menu). It is in walking distance to the ruins, although taking a Turk Turk is the best way. The house has not four bedrooms with baths en suite so it’s not for large groups. The only downside is that since the meals are prepared almost to order, they do take a while.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Booked and payed two months in advance, when I arrived there the hotel was fully booked and got relocated to a cheaper hotel. Hotel owner was conveniently not available. Never got a phone call or offered a refund.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Karl H
Reviewed February 27, 2017

My stay at Hotel Casa Garbiela was delightful and cozy! My room exceeded my expectations, a great value. Everything was well put together and clean. In the morning my girlfriend and I enjoyed a delicious cappuccino and I saw other guests having breakfast which they seemed to enjoy as well.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2017

The hotel has a great courtyard to relax in after a long hot day at the ruins. The manager is very helpful and knowledgeable about the area.He will even arrange shuttle service to outlying areas in both Honduras and Guatemala. The food at the attached restaurant is good.I liked the Caesar chicken wrap, it really was enough for 2 people.they could improve on the coffee.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple